Sources confirm new Apple products next week

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    A short posting at MacBidouille should put to rest any idea that the new iMac will not be introduced at Expo:

Quote:

- La FNAC will demo the Mac G5 ! - Lionel - 10:48:56

A short message from Martin:

I have just received a letter from the FNAC (French leader for shops selling HIFI, electronic devices, IT, music,...) officially announcing a special event during AppleExpo. A dedicated area inside FNAC Digitale will be reserved to new Apple products: iPod 4G, Mini, G5s with 30" display, PowerBooks, and especially "the new iMac"!

There is no specific time indicated, but I guess it should be installed as soon as next Tuesday afternoon.

And it will be mostly plastic with alumnium accents/areas is my guess.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Here are some large crates just delivered to the Expo. Who the hell stacked them like that? Are they nuts?

Oy! Soddy French laborers!! Wouldn't have happened if Steve were there.

Screed
  • Reply 63 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Oy! Soddy French laborers!! Wouldn't have happened if Steve were there.

Screed

Yeah. They would have been marched to the Bastille and shot immediately!
  • Reply 64 of 69
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

A short posting at MacBidouille should put to rest any idea that the new iMac will not be introduced at Expo:

And it will be mostly plastic with alumnium accents/areas is my guess.

resellers speculate all the time.

if we were always trusting them some of us would have 400Mhz Beige G3s on our desks.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    Sure, if you go into an Apple Store and ask them what's coming next week the person there will profess he knows nothing and he probably doesn't (if he hasn't access to shipping invoices). But the store chain in France sent out invitations specifically stating what they were going to display this coming week. I seriously doubt they would mention the new iMac if they weren't told about it by Apple.

No let's go through what is known as "circumstantial" evidence. 1. Apple announces that a new iMac has been delayed until September due to shortage of IBM chips. They also announce it will be a G5-based CPU and will be shipped in September. 2. Yesterday: A large banner draped in black is hoisted up at the Expo Center. 3. In the past such a covered display meant something new. Now of course it could be something else... perhaps a tablet, or some new software. But that is unlikely based on what Apple itself has said these past few weeks.

So, I'd say it's coming next week and I suspect one or two models will be available "immediately" while the top end, by the end of the month. We can also surmise that quantities will be very limited. Apple did make that statement a month ago when asked about shipments of Powermacs... and they told the truth. The chips are down..... but some CPUs are shipping.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    not saying its not a good sign, im just saying it hardly proves anything. i remember resellers doing similar "preannouncements" before. It usually is based on speculation.
  • Reply 67 of 69
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

Here it is courtesy of The MacObserver. Kinda large for an iMac I'd say.

For all the mini-colored models....!!!

• Reply 68 of 69
    Here's another display area, at ground level, which undoubtedly could be where the long line of iMacs will be situated for Expo visitors to oogle and play with:

Everything is falling in to place very nicely...