Apple delays 30-inch Cinema Display into October

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Hello all,

I'm new to this posting process so please forgive any faux-pas. I ordered a 30" screen back on June 30th, had the original delivery date of "on or before Aug. 30th" bumped to Sept. 17th but haven't received any notice yet about a further bump to Oct. 25th. Has anyone on this thread actually received their Oct. 25th bump notice and if so, when did you order your screen?

Thanks.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by roland

Hello all,

I'm new to this posting process so please forgive any faux-pas. I ordered a 30" screen back on June 30th, had the original delivery date of "on or before Aug. 30th" bumped to Sept. 17th but haven't received any notice yet about a further bump to Oct. 25th. Has anyone on this thread actually received their Oct. 25th bump notice and if so, when did you order your screen?

Thanks.

Yes, and kim kap sol, have you cancelled your order?
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

If you ask me, that is a hefty list to have hovering over your head. If I had any stock what so ever in a company that had this kind of track record I would definitely sell it. That is one year and about 60% of their hardware products!

Plenty of other people disagree with you...
  • Reply 24 of 29
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Lol!! I know

And I'm glad apple's stock is that high. I hope it gets higher... my point was to prevent it from slipping they should stop the insanity
  • Reply 25 of 29
    No I haven't yet cancelled my order. I'm not quite sure what to do. It is an unbelievably mess. I've been commissioned to edit a film and I have already pushed the envelope to get the first extension--I doubt they will accept another 6 week plus wait...
  • Reply 26 of 29
    hasapihasapi Posts: 290member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Actually iPod Mini was not a DELAY but a fortunate condition of demand WAY outstripping supply.

Yes but if you can only make 1/10th of the demand - is it really the mini or is it because of components.

I heard Apple (Joswiak) spin this from component shortages to demand outstripping supply - well duh, if you cant even supply minimum stock levels to your retailers/channel then it must be demand!, give me a break?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by hasapi

Yes but if you can only make 1/10th of the demand - is it really the mini or is it because of components.

I heard Apple (Joswiak) spin this from component shortages to demand outstripping supply - well duh, if you cant even supply minimum stock levels to your retailers/channel then it must be demand!, give me a break?

Please do explain how demand > supply is NOT the same thing as having component shortages (i.e., not enough supply of components for your demand)?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    hasapihasapi Posts: 290member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Please do explain how demand > supply is NOT the same thing as having component shortages (i.e., not enough supply of components for your demand)?

Im under NDA - so I cannot discuss this in any detail - suffice it to say that its very easy to spin this in the direction that you are implying, which apple have done.

Nuff said.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by hasapi

Im under NDA - so I cannot discuss this in any detail

How convenient.

Quote:

suffice it to say that its very easy to spin this in the direction that you are implying, which apple have done.

I don't see how it is spin. But I'll take your word for (though come to think of it, I don't know why).

All reports on this are that Apple is buying almost every one of these drives that are available to build the iPods and that the HD supply has been the constraining factor. Perhaps these reports ARE all spin. You are suggesting it is some other cause?