Bluetooth Mice

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    I'm thinking of buying the Apple BT keyboard and mouse but just wondered how long those batteries last. They'll probably get used for about four hours a day on average. Mucho thanks
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proxy

I'm thinking of buying the Apple BT keyboard and mouse but just wondered how long those batteries last. They'll probably get used for about four hours a day on average. Mucho thanks

I use my computer 6+ hours a day and the batteries last months (about 2-3).
  • Reply 23 of 28
    I'm new to the mac world and I was wondering why does apple not make a scroll-wheel, two-button mouse?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by superhob

I'm new to the mac world and I was wondering why does apple not make a scroll-wheel, two-button mouse?

The simple answer is, because Steve Jobs doesn't like them and when you build a company, you get to decide what the company makes.

OS X supports two buttons and a scroll wheel natively, so you can pretty much use whichever mouse floats your cheese.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Kind of off topic here, but did anyone else notice that when you are sharing your internet connection via Airport the Apple bluetooth mouse becomes unresponsive and jerks when you move it.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    saksak Posts: 39member
    Does anyone know if Microsoft's new IntelliMouse Explorer for "Bluetooth" will work with the Mac? It doesn't show support for it on the website (or box) but I figure Bluetooth is Bluetooth right?

http://www.microsoft.com/products/in...205c9&type=ovr
  • Reply 27 of 28
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

This is a really dumb question, but -- as I don't know the answer -- what happens when you have to do system re-installs, etc. -- if HDD crashes (God forbid) or whatever? Is Bluetooth functionality built-in to the computer where it will recognize the mouse/keyboard by default similar to the way FireWire works?

I'm thinking of getting the BT option when I order my new iMac and I wanted to know whether boot commands would work with them. This article from Apple says that you can use most commands. Strangely you can make it boot into single user mode but then you have to have a wired keyboard to input.

Hmmm.. do I get BT set or not? Ponders
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proxy

I'm thinking of getting the BT option when I order my new iMac and I wanted to know whether boot commands would work with them. This article from Apple says that you can use most commands. Strangely you can make it boot into single user mode but then you have to have a wired keyboard to input.

Hmmm.. do I get BT set or not? Ponders

If you have some kind of USB keyboard around (even a PC version) you can get BT else you'd have to get additionally a USB keyboard (maybe a cheap macally or something) because BT won't work in single user mode (you need this sometimes to verify the disk) and it won't work in open firmware!