Anything cool happen to you lately?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    I've just been reviewing this thread and it seems to me nothing all that cool has happened to any of us of late. G2G's baby boy probably takes the cake but that was over a month ago and possibly somewhat outside the timeframe envisioned for this thread (sorry G2G but congrats!)

So then I thought I'd make something up (it was going to be 3rd prize in the State Lottery $350,000) and leave it for a few days before 'fessing up.

But *then* I thought, nah some stick in the muds'll get the shits with me.

Fucking party poopers.

So......

I'm telling you I'm just making cool stuff that didn't really happen to me up and encourage everyone to do the same.

I got a letter today informing me I've been nominated for the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

I've made it into the top ten in Australian Idol (OK maybe that's not all that cool but you'd still be impressed if it was true).

Splinemodel PMed me a pick revealing what lurks up the leg of his shorts.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Splinemodel PMed me a pick revealing what lurks up the leg of his shorts.

He showed you his pet Iguana?

• Reply 23 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Maybe you'll get laid.

That would be great.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    Thanx ...I do think getting fired was cool...it was the first time ....when I was walking out the door I said I wanted my two weeks of vacation...he said no I dont have to pay that ????...So yesterday he called about some money from the ira I had ...and my wife gave him a sob story about having the baby{I never told any one I worked with we were having a baby } he about fell out of his chair ...she said he was in a panic ... ...Im not a bad person just dont like ppl you sit behind there name tag a give out orders when they dont know there a$$ from a hole in the ground..& talk down to you...and in general are direcpectful so I hope he pays me I can use $1200 bucks ...
  • Reply 25 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

You got to see it before me!?!???
  • Reply 26 of 42
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

You mean his one-eyed pet iguana?
  • Reply 27 of 42
    As a side business, I use my Mac to make documentary-type movies of wedding days. Most recent one I did was for a co-worker at the insurance company for which I work (my regular day job.) Gave the final DVD to her on Monday and by Thursday she said she had watched the hour and fourty minute video eight times aleady and could not believe how good it was. She had a co-worker friend (who was a bridesmaid in the wedding) also watch it. Today the friend told me it was by far the most incredible wedding video she had ever seen and wishes she had known about me when she got married about a year ago. Kind of made my day/week!

I guess the whole this is kind of cool. Kind of picked this up over the last several years and just taught myself. Fun to find a creative outlet of something I can do on my Mac, that I'm prettty good at--okay--really good at, can make people really happy, and they actually pay me good money for. Almost seems to good to be true. Better get to apple.com to spend some more of the money as its burning a hole in my pocket....
  • Reply 28 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

You mean his one-eyed pet iguana?

Now, I don't have a pet Iguana, but even still I didn't show her the albino leg worm.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    It's true I'm afraid. I didn't get to see the pet iguana or albino leg worm.

But I did get to see his floppy disk.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    Follow-up disclaimer: That was a joke. I am not attacking your manhood. Please do not go all thing on me as some wood....ooops!....would.
  • Reply 31 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

Dubuya gave a speech at the UN thing...he was pretty brave to speak what he thought was right, in front of that congragation of dictators, i'm gonna have to say. Congrats to him on the speech...

Made him feel right at home.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Don't worry about it, Crazy-C. If I were worried about my manhood I wouldn't take photos of myself in shirts of mysterious nature and electric blue sneakers.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    I got married on the 10th, had a honeymoon but now back to work
  • Reply 34 of 42
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    .. ahh. feels good. an hour or so at the gym, then relaxing lazily for some time in a sauna. now lazying time, time to get out of work and go home.. jsut feels good
  • Reply 35 of 42
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    My 20" G5 iMac showed up today, way ahead of schedule.

I guess that's kind of cool.

• Reply 36 of 42
    well, we just had a cross country meet today, it was all uphill, it sucked!!!!! but, it was the first meet i have participated in this year, so, it was cool...need sleep...
  • Reply 37 of 42
    i got an email from the work's mail office, telling me i had mail. so i got some newton cables and t shirts and a decent keyboard .. me likes
  • Reply 38 of 42
    I sold a goat yesterday.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

I sold a goat yesterday.

Goatse.cx goats?
  • Reply 40 of 42
    bought some soundgarden today-superunknown!!!!