10.2.2 Supports Pioneer 4x DVR-105 SuperDrive On Sale Nov.25 for $249 RAW

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    I'm getting a dual 867 today, and it sounds like the new superdrive will be a nice deal for the second bay in November. If I put one of those into my dual 867 will I be able to use iDVD?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    so would you guys NOT buy a new dual 867 with the superdrive ($200 option) and just get one later and install yourself???
  • Reply 23 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by musical73:

<strong>so would you guys NOT buy a new dual 867 with the superdrive ($200 option) and just get one later and install yourself???</strong><hr></blockquote>

Absolutely. Or BTO the other ones without the SuperDrive. November 25th is the release date of the OEM RAW Pioneer DVR-105 drive promised by Pioneer USA Press Release to sell for $249 list. I know nothing about the Sony mentioned above. I would bet on Pioneer 105 to follow the 103 and the 104.

Yes the iDVD 2.1 should work with an added DVR-105. It's not for sure of course. The 104 is for sure. But given it's just a faster 104, I bet it will work. And if it doesn't, Apple will have to make it work soon thereafter with an iDVD update.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Just another tidbit...

XLR8YourMac is reporting new iMacs coming with non-Pioneer drives.

[quote]DVD-R/CD-RW

Driver version: 1.4.8

Mac OS partitions: 0

Removable media: Yes

Vendor: HL-DT-ST

Revision Number: D02D

Product ID: DVD-RW GCA-4020B

Apple disc burning: Supported<hr></blockquote>

They're LG (GoldStar) manufactured apparently...and support 12x CD-R burning. That's pretty much the only difference. As for the complaint about Memorex DVD-Rs...I wouldn't by Memorex ANYTHING...

[ 11-02-2002: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 25
    11.14.02 Update:

10.2.2 Supports the Pioneer Quad Speed DVR-105 SuperDrive. So we're good to go as soon as they get that boat unloaded.

After Thanksgiving we should see some reach stores.