Apple prepares .Mac improvements

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    already cancelled my renewel. complete waste of money. my FREE email with unlimited storage will just have to work for awhile, i guess...
  • Reply 22 of 28
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

already cancelled my renewel. complete waste of money. my FREE email with unlimited storage will just have to work for awhile, i guess...

I do aggree that an email only option is greatly needed! It is the feature I mostly use. The other features are nice, but if I had the option I would pay less and feed my family
  • Reply 23 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tadunne

For those talking about Gmail being better, first off Gmail is only availble to a select few so at the moment it's kind of vaporware...

Kinda, not really. Even if you have ZERO friends, it's easier to get a Gmail account than it is to get a BJ from a chicken.

http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php

And all this talk about privacy. How do you really know other services like Hotmail, .Mac, Yahoo!, your ISP's mail service, etc. aren't scouring your messages for marketing purposes. At least Google is up front about their policy.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Kinda, not really. Even if you have ZERO friends, it's easier to get a Gmail account than it is to get a BJ from a chicken.

http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php

And all this talk about privacy. How do you really know other services like Hotmail, .Mac, Yahoo!, your ISP's mail service, etc. aren't scouring your messages for marketing purposes. At least Google is up front about their policy.

Thanks I now have a gmail account! and I wont tell you what this chicken just did to me!

• Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

How do you really know other services like Hotmail, .Mac, Yahoo!, your ISP's mail service, etc. aren't scouring your messages for marketing purposes. At least Google is up front about their policy.

Well, I don't get email spam. *knocks on wood*. I also don't store my email messages on an internet server.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

Well, I don't get email spam. *knocks on wood*. I also don't store my email messages on an internet server.

Your messages pass through a mail server. There's no need for you to store the messages before they collect all the data they need.

And I don't get spam either!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I got the same email that Buran posted above, but today I got another one:

Quote:

Dear .Mac Member,

You recently received an email that stated an incorrect storage increase amount for your .Mac account. The correct information is as follows:

Every full .Mac membership now comes with 250 MB of combined .Mac Mail and iDisk storage. Because we appreciate your past

purchase of additional storage, we have increased your total storage to 1 GB for the duration of your current membership.

We regret any confusion the earlier email may have caused. We value your membership and hope you enjoy this enhancement to your .Mac service.

Works for me!
  • Reply 28 of 28
    You might go looking for repair outlook and data email recovery. I have been using it without problem since it came out.