The Great List of Abandoned OS9 apps

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Mmmmmmm Mac Playmate

Wow... I dunno how I just remembered that app given I havent actually used it in about, of, 12 years. Damn thats a classic

I miss ResEdit like hell.

Can I have a gander at that Version 4 you were talking about T'hain?
  • Reply 42 of 54
    One more and I'll shut up...

Just this week, on my OS9 Mac at work, I had to fire-up TomeViewer to extract a new Login system file to replace the corrupted one. That little app has saved my butt many times over the years. Probably irrelevant now, though, right?
  • Reply 43 of 54
    azazaazaza Posts: 19member
    Zork, Myst I and II, and that Ambrosia game where you shoot the descending caterpillar thingies.

Apeiron !, that's the name. Countless wasted hours spent on that sucker !
  • Reply 44 of 54
    I say: FrameMaker. That was probably the biggest loss. We'll see what happens, sofar nobody seem to be able to make a replacing app and Adobe is saying nothing, having a small questionnaire. Bad.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by dividend

I say: FrameMaker. That was probably the biggest loss. We'll see what happens, sofar nobody seem to be able to make a replacing app and Adobe is saying nothing, having a small questionnaire. Bad.

I keep hoping an updated Appleworks will provide much of what Framemaker could do.
  • Reply 46 of 54
    well, if appleworks will do that, then it will have to be an UPDATE format HUGE, like, take away everything appleworks and redo it totally. sadly, that's the difference. But I would welcome a iPhd-document-app.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Think Reference!

It was at least a decade ahead of it's time in terms of info reference technology. To this day, I've yet to see any serious improvement from what it had to offer developers in terms of documentation and code examples.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    boubabouba Posts: 33member
    a couple of apps for me...

-Soundapp or at least quicktime plugins to support all those formats!

-hypercard

-glider!

-would like to see a version of apple works that is optimised for os x, support for hi-res images, smart-guides, could include a variety of components like movies, webpages -> appleworks is the successor to opendoc. A mix of omnigraffle and appleworks!
  • Reply 49 of 54
    resres Posts: 711member
    FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker FrameMaker!!!!!!!

It is the only reason I have classic on my Mac, and if I can't find a replacement soon I just might have to switch over to PCs!
  • Reply 50 of 54
    RES:

AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE!
  • Reply 51 of 54
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by azaza

that Ambrosia game where you shoot the descending caterpillar thingies.

Apeiron !, that's the name. Countless wasted hours spent on that sucker !

It's almost here!
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Apeiron X is in beta ! Oh man, thanks for that link.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

SoundSculptor II

WordPerfect 3.5e

--though both work in Classic.

YES! SoundSculptor II!!!!!!!! I emailed the developer and he said he was rewritting it for OS X. But That was over a year ago. :-(
  • Reply 54 of 54
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KapKom

YES! SoundSculptor II!!!!!!!! I emailed the developer and he said he was rewritting it for OS X. But That was over a year ago. :-(

Maybe it's because it's just one guy ...