VPC on G3 ibook

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    quite frankly, a 500$ PC runs Windows much better than my iMac G4 800 or my powerbook G4 800 both with 768 meg of ram... so, I just quit using windows and switched all software to Mac.. but MAN, I miss MS money.. .quicken kinda sucks.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I have VPC on my iBook 500 with Windows 98SE. I have 640 mb ram and let VPC have about 75% of the ram when it is running. I use it only for ACT 2000.

Needless to say, I use ACT as sparingly as possible. It is just fast enough to work but not fast enough to enjoy.

I believe VPC 5+ was revised to run better on G4's. Don't know how it works on OS 9 cause I don't do that anymore.

My brother has Windows XP on his iBook 600. Very slow. Took forever to install. In fact, the first time he installed it, he thought his iBook had frozen and stopped the install. Then when he did get it installed, he didn't register it and I don't think it even works for him now.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Don't go even go there!

I use a 450PII---Next to a 500mhz G3 and thought that when I upgraded to a dual 1Ghz (hey! its got multi proc support in OSX--RIGHT?) I could dump the PII. I got the new mac, and no luck on VPC. Like most other apps it runs Faster in 9 on one proc than in 10 on two.

....is that screwy or WHAT?!

Using office is a few seconds behind in just opening and closing docs----but when I tried JBuilder I just about barfed. It was a disgrace. I shudder to think about running VPC on a G3---I actually have the refund check from connectix sitting on my desk.