ATI Mobility Radeon 9700

ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra

NVIDIA GeForceFX Go 5200

NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 Ultra

By computer, I mean Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    I have a 9800 Pro, but its in myP PC, what is CoreImage?
  • Reply 2 of 28
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Lookie here:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/core.html

Only macs can be ready for CoreImage, as there is no such thing? for Windows or other OS'.

Personally, I don't have a CoreImage ready mac (yet).
  • Reply 3 of 28
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I will "On or Before 11/26/2004"

Can't wait for the DP2.5 to ship and replace this aging DP500.

-Ender
  • Reply 4 of 28
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I have practically the lowest Coreimage GPU possible - The Geforce FX5200.

I'm planning to get an X800, though.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    1.2GHz upgrade on a once Dual 533 Digital Audio with Radeon 9800. That is my home computer so I voted yes. Alas my G4 Cube at work isn't so fortunate (GF3). \
  • Reply 6 of 28
    I'd like people to answer a bit more accurately...who's got a CoreImage-ready computer, *right now*...not who thinks is going to have a CoreImage-ready computer in a few days, or few months or before Tiger ships.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    I'd like to hear the point of this poll. So your asking who has a computer that supports it to bash Apple for releasing new machines (GASP!) without Core*-compliant GPUs? What machines aren't compatible that won't be upgraded before Tiger is released? iBooks will most likely be updated again before Tiger.

Better yet you should research the "state-of-affairs" pre-Quartz Extreme and see which machines 6 months before QE was released were compatible.

I don't pretend to know how Core* will stack up to QE in importance but you appear to have already decided it yourself. See, because Exposé functions fine on an iBook 500 with 16MB VRAM. As does window movement. Is it slow? Sure, but it works.

Expecting every machine be Core*-compliant now is like expecting every machine to be 64-bit, in other words, be powered by G5 chips.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    just read my signature
  • Reply 9 of 28
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    128mb Ati 9700m ready to go..
  • Reply 10 of 28
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

I'd like people to answer a bit more accurately...who's got a CoreImage-ready computer, *right now*...not who thinks is going to have a CoreImage-ready computer in a few days, or few months or before Tiger ships.

Ah, right. So you can use this as proof of your assertions in the Quartz 2D Extreme thread that there will be 'almost no one' who can take advantage of CoreImage?

Much more honest and realistic to ask who is going to have a CoreImage ready card when CoreImage is released, if that's the point of this.

I mean heck, I could start a poll asking how many people have a 5GHz G6, and then use that as 'proof' that CoreTelepathy is a big mistake because no one will have the hardware to run it when it comes out in 2012... :P

If on the other hand you're attempting to assess how many people will be buying new hardware between now and when Tiger ships, this is an odd way to go about doing it.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    rara Posts: 623member
    Well I thought I did. Guess not. (GeForce 4Ti)
  • Reply 12 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Ah, right. So you can use this as proof of your assertions in the Quartz 2D Extreme thread that there will be 'almost no one' who can take advantage of CoreImage?

Much more honest and realistic to ask who is going to have a CoreImage ready card when CoreImage is released, if that's the point of this.

I mean heck, I could start a poll asking how many people have a 5GHz G6, and then use that as 'proof' that CoreTelepathy is a big mistake because no one will have the hardware to run it when it comes out in 2012... :P

If on the other hand you're attempting to assess how many people will be buying new hardware between now and when Tiger ships, this is an odd way to go about doing it.

Quit trying to assess the assertations of the poll

Actually I can't tell which ATI card my Powerbook has...It only says Vendor ATI and 64mb of vram. It does have a Device ID of 0x4c66 whatever that is. Anyone know?
  • Reply 13 of 28
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

Oh but what would be the fun in *that*?
  • Reply 14 of 28
    As of right now - no (I don't even have one that can take advantage of Quartz Extreme). On or before 11/1/04, that answer changes to yes.

I'm used to technologies passing by the capabilities of my machine. It's nothing to get upset about, not that anyone is getting outwardly upset, yet.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

MUST. BE. PERFECT! AAAARGH!
  • Reply 16 of 28
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

Actually I can't tell which ATI card my Powerbook has...It only says Vendor ATI and 64mb of vram. It does have a Device ID of 0x4c66 whatever that is. Anyone know?

Which Powerbook do you have? CPU speed and monitor size? That should give us enough info to tell us which you have. If it's a newer Powerbook, it would have ana ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 or 9700.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonard

Which Powerbook do you have? CPU speed and monitor size? That should give us enough info to tell us which you have. If it's a newer Powerbook, it would have ana ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 or 9700.

Its a 15" Titanium Powerbook 1ghz
  • Reply 18 of 28
    iMac G5 1.6 w/ 5200 Ultra

I think that gets me a ticket to the party
  • Reply 19 of 28
    Quote:

Its a 15" Titanium Powerbook 1ghz

Nope. You got a Ati 9000 Mobility. I know cause I got the same thing. Core* scales, though, so we'll still see some benefit.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    I am unsure because i have NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 but, according to system profiler, not ultra. It is on my PB 12" 1ghz. If ram matters, i have 768 in the system and the the graphics card has 32