Apple retail to expand into Canada in 2005

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Louzer

What? Don't you have any idea of humor? *snip*

I think before Canadians get a store, they should get a sense of humor (and not any of that imported 'british' kind, you know, where you think Benny Hill is actually funny). Just take a cue from us 'Americans'.

(a) it's spelt "humour", (b) only Americans think Benny Hill is funny. The British find the fact that you find Benny Hill funny, funny.

So anyway - Ottawa Apple Store? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease etc
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fender

Number two is probably Square One in Mississauga. It's the largest mall in Ontario, so I would assume it's number 2.

He's totally right. I live right beside square one now and i'm moving soon to a place two minutes from yorkdale, and a new apple store!

Bitches!
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by inukshuk

I really don't know where you got the idea that there weren't any apple retail stores in Canada. I've been buying from apple retail stores in Canada for the last 13 years.???????

I know of 75 in Quebec, 75 in Ontario,75 in British Columbia, 70 in Alberta, 17 in Manitoba,etc. I'll stop there. You can go to the reseller link and find a whole lot in Canada.

Yea, but these 'resellers' are mostly only that, resellers, with pityfully few knowledge about the mac. At least, that's the way it is in Québec. We do have one very mac-centic reseller in Québec city itself, but it's for corporate only.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Force

Yea, but these 'resellers' are mostly only that, resellers, with pityfully few knowledge about the mac. At least, that's the way it is in Québec. We do have one very mac-centic reseller in Québec city itself, but it's for corporate only.

Check through this list of 75 dans la province de Quebec. Tu va en trouve plusieurs dans la ville de Quebec ou dans les alentours. And some of them are very knowledgeable.

http://wheretobuy.apple.com/cgi-bin/zb/ZipBurst.acgi

8)
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by inukshuk

Check through this list of 75 dans la province de Quebec. Tu va en trouve plusieurs dans la ville de Quebec ou dans les alentours. And some of them are very knowledgeable.

http://wheretobuy.apple.com/cgi-bin/zb/ZipBurst.acgi

8)

Bad link (these automated things always screw up when linked).

But, using apple's locator, I found out the there was one of the two 'acceptable' stores that went bankrupt.

Future Shop ? Clearly, you've not set foot in their 'mac section'.

Micro Logic ? They were good, and still have the best Apple servicing in the eastern part of the province, but, nowadays, they do everything they can to sell you a PC.

Info Unik and Micro Ages are both PC stores that recently turned to sell some macs.

As far as i'm concerned, the only real Apple store that was left in this province has gone bankrupt this summer (read B.Mac). And I daresay that most members of our local mac user group share my opinion.