Tiger release will be 'biggest in Mac history'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Correctly being zoom to fit or maximize?

Here you go, since 10.0: [alt + zoom]
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

I want the return, and official release, of Home on iPod.

The iPods harddrive cant handle the stress of having a home system, because in order to be secure, you'd have to have the swap for your home system on the drive too. Thatll ruin the disc with all that read/write.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Hmm...Home on iPod. Tiger Server & client together will offer the ability to synchonise a user's local home with a network one (Mobile Accounts). Maybe this technology could be leveraged to let you keep a home on your Mac sync'ed with one on your pod, thus giving you a portable home without quite the same I/O burden as running straight from the iPod?
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jellytussle

Hmm...Home on iPod. Tiger Server & client together will offer the ability to synchonise a user's local home with a network one (Mobile Accounts). Maybe this technology could be leveraged to let you keep a home on your Mac sync'ed with one on your pod, thus giving you a portable home without quite the same I/O burden as running straight from the iPod?

Well, aint that the same as copying your selected files to the iPod?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Well, aint that the same as copying your selected files to the iPod?

Not quite . A full sync would include your entire user experience - desktop patterns, preferences, the lot. Plus it could be automated - plug-in Pod, and sync at login-logout.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Has anyone heard any recent news of speed increases with IBM's compiler

that is optimized for G5's?
  • Reply 27 of 29
    LOL!