Microsoft music store overtakes iTMS?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

But the iPod has around 80% marketshare and won't play MS's format. How can MS overtake the iTMS?

Apple isn't going to sit idle either. So it's unlikely MS will ever overtake the iTMS...just like the Mac will never overtake Windows.

Microsoft lost this one...but they shouldn't cry over it.

Apple don't have that high a market share in Europe. M$ could overtake, and it's not that unlikely.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    igiligil Posts: 23member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

No, the MSN prices are more expensive, usually around 1.20 from what I remember.

The price of a song on MSN Musik in denmark is actually DKK 9.90 which is a mindboggling and extremly expensive USD 1.72 per song. That's EUR 1.33 per song.

I wonder what the iTunes Music Store will charge in denmark if and when they open a store here.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Apple don't have that high a market share in Europe. M$ could overtake, and it's not that unlikely.

In the UK, last I heard, it was 4 times the size of the competitors combined. Seems to me it's doing fine.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

In the UK, last I heard, it was 4 times the size of the competitors combined. Seems to me it's doing fine.

The other week Radio 1's Chris Moyles put a track up on many download places. It never went onto iTunes though This meant I had to download it from somewhere else and the experience was much less than pleasant. Although I used the Coke Music site to get it as I had free credits from drinking so much Coke, I did have to "pay" twice as my computer kept crashing whilst downloading the lisences... I have now burned the wma to CD to put it into iTunes...

I wouldn't touch another download site now, unless the same thing happened again...