Apple unveils plans for 5 new retail stores

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple Job listings confirm company plans to launch at least 5 more Apple retail stores in the first half of 2005.

Earlier this afternoon tipsters noted that Apple Computer has begun listing job openings for five new retail stores that are expected to open in the new year.

Jobs listings confirm that the Mac maker will launch retail outlets in San Antonio, Texas (La Cantera), Nashville, Tenn. (Green Hills), Salt Lake City, Utah (The Gateway), Grand Rapids, Mich. (Woodland), and Houston, Texas (The Woodlands Mall).

Tipsters note that past Apple retail store Job listings have been indicative of store openings that typically follow within a 3 to 6 month time frame, and suggest that all 5 locations will be open for business by mid-2005.

In related news, anonymous sources hint that Apple may have finally located a suitable venue for its Paris, France flagship store on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées. However, AppleInsider has yet to confirm such news with 100% certainty.

Earlier this month, Apple commemorated the launch of its 100th retail store with the unveiling of a "mini" store located in Bethesda Row, Maryland.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Just one important, albeit small, correction; the San Antonio store is to be in Texas - not California.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    this is awesome news, i'm in Nashville and Green Hills is only 2-3 miles from my apartment! no more ordering stuff over the internet.

WOOT WOOT!!!
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ascot21

this is awesome news, i'm in Nashville and Green Hills is only 2-3 miles from my apartment! no more ordering stuff over the internet.

WOOT WOOT!!!

You will be delighted! The Apple store experience is wonderful, just to spend time and play with the new products.

Enjoy!

Bubbler
  • Reply 4 of 16
    I'm still waiting for a store in Tulsa - two prime locations, one up scale and ho=one very high traffic, I'll probably be senile by the time we get one.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    still waiting for one in new orleans. i mean, if birmingham can have one, why can't we????? maybe even just a mini store???? pretty please????
  • Reply 6 of 16
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Salt Lake City, YES!! Finally.

The Gateway is great open air mall. All high end tenants. Other major is The virgin Megastore.

I wonder if it will be a mini store or a complete store.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    It'd be nice if they'd put one in either the Quad Cities, Rockford, Madison, or Cedar Rapids so it'd be only an hour drive to the nearest Apple sotre rather than three.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Grand Rapids! Finally moving to nowheres West Michigan from NYC is starting to pay off...
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ascot21

WOOT WOOT!!!

I'm just outside of Nashville and to be honest I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I just returned to the Nashville area after living in Seattle for a year and I really enjoyed the Apple Store there, I have also visited the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. in Chicagoe, each time I go into an Apple Store it is a great experience, but it has never matched the experiences I have when I got to MacAuthority here in Nashville.

MacAuthority is staffed with individuals who really know their stuff and if they don't have an answer for you they are more than happy to find someone who does. The store is well stocked, offers a lot of products that you can't find in an Apple Store (of course the Apple Stores have things that MacAuthority doesn't as well) but most of all it is part of a dying breed. Small, well run, locally owned (at least as far as I know they are locally owned) stores where you can go in for years and see the same people working there are getting all to rare and I would hate to see MacAuthority hurt by the same company they have done so much for all these years.

I for one will probably visit the Apple Store in Nashville when it opens just to check it out, but I will continue making all of my purchases at MacAuthority, they have done a lot over the years to earn my business and I will be happy to continue giving them my business.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by almostwise

Grand Rapids! Finally moving to nowheres West Michigan from NYC is starting to pay off...

Haha. Welcome to the home state of weather unpredictability. I have long been waiting for Apple to open a store at the Crossroads Mall in Kalamazoo. Guess I'll have to wait even longer...
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

I'm still waiting for a store in Tulsa - two prime locations, one up scale and ho=one very high traffic, I'll probably be senile by the time we get one.

yeah, i wouldn't hold my breath for that one any time soon. i can't see apple going into tulsa or okc.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

Haha. Welcome to the home state of weather unpredictability. I have long been waiting for Apple to open a store at the Crossroads Mall in Kalamazoo. Guess I'll have to wait even longer...

You are going to die laughing when I tell you this, but I think they should put a store in Jackson (even though the city itself sucks) we have a ton of schools using Macs, and we are 40 minutes from Kalamazoo/BC, Lansing, Hillsdale, Adrian and Ann Arbor; really a prime location. Too bad our city and malls are the worst thing on the face of the earth....
  • Reply 13 of 16
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jacob Wootten

You are going to die laughing when I tell you this, but I think they should put a store in Jackson (even though the city itself sucks) we have a ton of schools using Macs, and we are 40 minutes from Kalamazoo/BC, Lansing, Hillsdale, Adrian and Ann Arbor; really a prime location. Too bad our city and malls are the worst thing on the face of the earth....

I would lurve to have an Apple Store in Ann Arbor, but I don't think it would fit in anywhere....
  • Reply 14 of 16
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    How long as the Nashville (Green Hills) store been opened? It looks like they just opened it.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    I'm still waiting for a store to open in Hampton Roads, Virginia...
  • Reply 16 of 16
    2 days to go till the Grand Rapids store opens!!!

Life is starting to finally appear on this side of the state! First 2 Costco stores, now an Apple Store. All that is missing is an Ikea and a Tim Horton's Donuts, and my "shopping life" would be complete...