Mactv "Pippin" my ride - Mac fans post pics of your rides

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I doesn't matter if its a $100,000 exotic or a $100 clunker post some pics and if rigged it for your ipod or stuffed a G5 in the glove box even better.

Here's a few pics of my 2004 mini Cooper:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 56
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    argh.

• Reply 2 of 56
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    just picked it up today

• Reply 3 of 56
    Goddamn. Can't take a trick.

• Reply 4 of 56
    applenut,

Very nice, I have always been a Chevy fan.
  • Reply 5 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnsocal

Here's a few pics of my 2004 mini Cooper:

VERY NICE... I have an '03 S, Black w/White Roof. Fun car, but i've had problems with the windshield and brakes....
  • Reply 6 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by BankyEdwards

VERY NICE... I have an '03 S, Black w/White Roof. Fun car, but i've had problems with the windshield and brakes....

I'm sorry to here that. I have read @ www.mini2.com that other people have had similiar problems with 02 and 03 Mini's. It appears that Mini/Bmw softened the suspension on 04's and 05's to help resolve the windshield problem and reduce rattles and etc.
  • Reply 7 of 56
    Quote:

I'm sorry to here that. I have read @ www.mini2.com that other people have had similiar problems with 02 and 03 Mini's. It appears that Mini/Bmw softened the suspension on 04's and 05's to help resolve the windshield problem and reduce rattles and etc.

Yeah, the stock glass in the 02's and 03's were terrible, and when mine cracked, MINI was still in it's "we're too perfect to be at fault" stage, but i did get a nice PPG windshield after that and i've had no problems since. unfortunately, no one makes aftermarket brakes for it yet, and i've had my brakes replaced twice, the stock pads ride too hard and widdle my brakes down to nothing, and MINI just tells me that there's nothing wrong with my brakes whatsoever...
  • Reply 8 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by BankyEdwards

Yeah, the stock glass in the 02's and 03's were terrible, and when mine cracked, MINI was still in it's "we're too perfect to be at fault" stage, but i did get a nice PPG windshield after that and i've had no problems since. unfortunately, no one makes aftermarket brakes for it yet, and i've had my brakes replaced twice, the stock pads ride too hard and widdle my brakes down to nothing, and MINI just tells me that there's nothing wrong with my brakes whatsoever...

Check out the following companies that specialize in Mini Coopers and sell quality aftermarket brake rotors, pads, and etc.

www.rspeed.net & www.mossmini.com & www.minimania.com
  • Reply 9 of 56
    Smart Roadster Coupé 2003 Jack Black (one of the first in Switzerland). Absolute fantastic cool car with a great milage.

Since I'm too tired to take a picture of the 1:1 scale at the garage, 1:18 scale must do

Please note the actuality of the picture 8)
  • Reply 10 of 56
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    2003 Civic Coupe EX

• Reply 11 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by durin oakenskin

Smart Roadster Coupé 2003 Jack Black (one of the first in Switzerland). Absolute fantastic cool car with a great milage.

Since I'm too tired to take a picture of the 1:1 scale at the garage, 1:18 scale must do

Please note the actuality of the picture 8)

The smart (model) roadster looks great, I hope DCX brings that Smart Roadster here to the US eventually. DCX pulled the offical unveiling of the Smart Formore mini-suv that was designed for the US from next weeks International Detriot Auto show because they are reconsidering its cost, but i honestly rather see the smart roadster here then another suv.
  • Reply 12 of 56
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Here's a few pics of my 2004 mini Cooper:[/IMG]

You added sparkles in Photoshop? How depraved is that?
  • Reply 13 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

You added sparkles in Photoshop? How depraved is that?

Those sparkles are 100% el-natural. I don't even own a copy of photoshop.
  • Reply 14 of 56
    Quote:

The smart (model) roadster looks great, I hope DCX brings that Smart Roadster here to the US eventually. DCX pulled the offical unveiling of the Smart Formore mini-suv that was designed for the US from next weeks International Detriot Auto show because they are reconsidering its cost, but i honestly rather see the smart roadster here then another suv.

It looks even better in nature, and its fun to drive. A sports car with the mileage of the "real" Smart. Would be fun driving it in the US, except for really long distances. but I think it would not be a commercial success in the US, *way* too small. But fun anyway 8)
  • Reply 15 of 56
  • Reply 16 of 56
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Bahhh, my photo posting is bleh...
  • Reply 17 of 56
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member

Just kidding.

However, I am currently in the process of selling my RX-7. It's not that I need the money, but I just don't have time to spend with the car anymore.

After I move out of Florida I'm getting an Elise. Until then, I'm not entirely sure. There are some good leases on Saab 9-3s right now. Any advice here? Otherwise, I might just buy a used, beat up Ford Ranger and ride it out for two years.
  • Reply 18 of 56
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Bahhh, my photo posting is bleh...

Use imageshack.
  • Reply 19 of 56
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Placebo, CHECK!

Here's my collection of collated metal, glass, plastic, rubber and fossil fuels:

1996 Nissan 300ZX

1978 Datsun 280Z

1995 GMC Safari

What you don't see is my "stealth" vehicle. A black (kinda) 1987 Honda CRX Si. Paint is fading badly (typical for Hondas of the time...) and dents and dings galore. However, the Honda is the MOST reliable car I have ever owned, and I have owned a bunch in the last 33 or so years...

I do like the new minis. Very cool.

applenut, I use to have an El Camino. Much fun.
  • Reply 20 of 56
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by durin oakenskin

Smart Roadster Coupé 2003 Jack Black (one of the first in Switzerland). Absolute fantastic cool car with a great milage

When I saw the first pictures of this car, I thought the same.

When I crashed my 91' Miata, I got a Smart Roadster Coupé as a temporary replacement for one week until I had bought myself a new car (a 99 Miata, see below), so I could get some first hand impressions.

Comparing the two cars, I wasn't impressed by the Smart:

* I didn't like the the 'automatic'

* It was far more difficult and incomfortable to enter the Smart than the Miata even though the cars are both very low.

* Opening the roof (and that's the whole point of roadster) in the smart is a pain in the ass: You have get out of the car to put the two bars from above the windows into their holdings under the hood.

* The interior just looks cheap and plasticy.

Just for the records, here is a picture of the Smart Roadster I drove for a week:

I prefer my Mazda Miata 1.6 '99 (Limited Edition 'Magic'):

My wife prefers our Landrover Freelander TD4 (2.0l Diesel):