Motorola previews iTunes phone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    The phone in the picture exists. However it has been around for awhile in the UK and AU, and it's simply a motorola mp3 player phone. It is a pretty cool phone though, I thought about buying one before I got my t630.

Here's a link to the moto page for that phone

http://direct.motorola.com/experienc...roductid=29212

It's called the E398 - Here's a photo...

I do believe that they could have been simply showing the iTunes interface using this phone, it seems like it would be the most appropriate to develop it on... mp3 capability and whatnot.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gordon Werner

so ... is this a fake?

There is a UK magazine called iCreate that is dedicated to Apple hardware and software that features a page each issue with an "if only Apple made this" angle. The image shown looks to me like one of these pictures. What you can't see in the image is the small print running down the side of the page that states that this is not real but just on somebody's wish list.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    macmikemacmike Posts: 96member
    They are running out of time if they are going to release this iTunes phone during the "first half of 2005". I'm ready to get a phone and I wante to see this phone before I settle on something else (and probably regret it once this phone comes out).

Has there been any word on what network the phone would use?
  • Reply 24 of 32
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Please... Im mean if that's a genuine apple poster.

Firstly the design is old apple branding. The poster would be black kids

secondly the paper reflecting in the light is A3 epson cheap glossy paper from an epson 2100 printer or alike. Offset printing doesn't do this. BTW apple would print larger posters.

No itunes phone with sony ever please. Sony suck.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Well fuck that shit. Everybody just go out and get the K750i and be done with it.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Celco

secondly the paper reflecting in the light is A3 epson cheap glossy paper from an epson 2100 printer or alike. Offset printing doesn't do this. BTW apple would print larger posters.

The biggest giveaway for me was this line:

"Say hello to the iPhone"

Apple don't refer to their products as the iBook. the iMac, etc. just iBook and iMac, so a genuine Apple ad would read:

"Say hello to iPhone"
  • Reply 27 of 32
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    tptmuso was right. It's from a magazine. They do something like that every month as a kind of 'What if...' piece in the back of the magazine.

Move along now, nothing to see here...
  • Reply 28 of 32
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

tptmuso was right. It's from a magazine. They do something like that every month as a kind of 'What if...' piece in the back of the magazine.

Move along now, nothing to see here...

Not to mention the fact that it has already been discussed here a zillion times before.

Stop digging up old threads!!
  • Reply 29 of 32
    macmikemacmike Posts: 96member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Not to mention the fact that it has already been discussed here a zillion times before.

Stop digging up old threads!!

It may have been discussed (I'm sure it's a conservative estimate) "a zillion times", but it is still relevant as the date of it's supposed release is drawing very close. They had said during the "first half" of 2005 the phone would be launched and available immediately. I don't know if any carrier has signed up or the odd rumors of Apple starting their own cell phone network are true.

Also, it is possible with the rumors of iTunes 4.9 coming out shortly, that the new software will have functionality built in for the phone(s).

If you don't like the thread... than just don't respond. But if you have insight, I'd be glad to read it.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    That page was an april 1 joke.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

That page was an april 1 joke.

No, it wasn't. iCreate do it every issue.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    mcbearmcbear Posts: 22member
    I'll confirm 100% that this is the back page "What if Apple made" column from issue one of the UK magazine iCreate.

I'm so damn certain, because not only do I have a copy archived away nice and safe, but also because I'm the guy that mocked it up, designed the page and wrote the copy. The phone is a Photoshopped T610, with an iPod scroll wheel and the Page was deliberately designed in the older Apple Style; I wanted to make people look twice, but there was always a fine line to consider.

I used a Sony Ericsson because at the time they and Apple were suspiciously friendly; I'm 90% that something was going on, but got Steve'd.

Anyho, it always makes me giggle but then feel a little guilty to see it, and some of the others we did, pop up on rumor boards. We only did them cos we wanted the stuff so bad - they tended to be begging letters to Steve more than anything else!

MCBear

Quote:

Originally posted by Celco