No new Powerbooks on MWSF - when will they come?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Thesutex-

Congrats on the purchase. I'm hoping they release new ones very soon too, and I hope it is before they ship you yours! Good luck!
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mawsdz

Hmm. I've gotten two phone calls from Apple Sales trying to meet my powerbook needs since Tuesday morning, just before the Keynote Speech. I went in and configured a BTO 17" and saved it, ever since then, multiple calls and people trying to get me too buy. Has anyone else had this happen?

Maybe the new Powerbooks are ready, but they want to get rid of the leftovers before they release them.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

Maybe the new Powerbooks are ready, but they want to get rid of the leftovers before they release them.

my thought exactly =)
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

Thesutex-

Congrats on the purchase. I'm hoping they release new ones very soon too, and I hope it is before they ship you yours! Good luck!

thanx i bet even a G4- 1.5ghz will be a significant improvement over my old g3-800 ibook
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Do you think that Apple will lower the price at all on the Powerbook if they update it? I am waiting to see if they will otherwise I am going to get an iBook which are much cheaper and basically (now) same specs.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tastyapple

Do you think that Apple will lower the price at all on the Powerbook if they update it?

That depends on the nature of the update. If it's minor, the odds aren't bad. If it's major, not likely (but not impossible, either).

They do have to create a little more breathing room between the iBook and the PowerBook, for sure.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    this is gonna go round like wildfire... catch it before site goes down...

DigiTimes reveals PowerBook G5 and iBook G5 !!!!!!!

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050114A7040.html
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

this is gonna go round like wildfire... catch it before site goes down...

DigiTimes reveals PowerBook G5 and iBook G5 !!!!!!!

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050114A7040.html

that i dont believe
  • Reply 29 of 30
    any clue about if and when pbooks are gonna be updated ?
  • Reply 30 of 30
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It's not the 12" PB that needs scrapping, it's the 12" iBook, and the 14" for that matter, replacing both with a 14" widescreen iBook, would effectively give you the room of the 14" at the size and weight of the 12. PB's get G5's, so no overlap...

BTW, Think Paris.