Who's getting the 12" PB?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Even though I've been saying for a while that my next Mac would be a Tower, I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these instead. The earliest I'll get a new Mac is probably like June or around there so I'll see what's around then.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I'm selling my good old trusty and beloved PowerMac and get myself a top of the line 12" PowerBook with Airport and all the other stuff.

Don't forget, it even has Bluetooth!
  • Reply 43 of 49
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Well here are my thoughts on it as I ponder the purchase of it.

I currently own a Powerbook G4/500 and a PowerMac G4/450. I am considering selling the Powermac to put towards the purchase of the Lil' Al Book w/superdrive.

I had an iBook 600 and liked the size better than the Powerbook, but I might have gotten to use to the Powerbook screen now (which is huge by my standards) I suspect the aluminum won't get marked up like the iBook does. I also get an educational discount.

The downsides... well no Powermac. My wife will immediately swoop in and snag my Powerbook. It will likely have to become a desktop replacement machine for me. However since it can drive my 19 inch monitor, that isn't such a big deal in my book.

Just thinking out loud...

Nick
  • Reply 44 of 49
    I envy anyone who will own one of these. I want one sooooo badly. My iMac 800 on wheels!
  • Reply 45 of 49
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    David Pogue's latest <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/09/technology/circuits/09stat.html"; target="_blank">NY Times column</a> discusses MWSF announcements, including the new PowerBooks.

"...in the 12-inch PowerBook, Apple has found a sweet spot bigger than a sugar plantation."

Don't you just love David Pogue? I couldn't have said it any better, and am now even closer to ordering a 12" PowerBook.

Escher

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: Escher ]</p>
  • Reply 46 of 49
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Didn't I shout about an 1800-2000 Powerbook-light/super-iBook (which is exactly what that book happens to be, BTW) Oh, for about, iDunno, the past 2 friggin years!!! But Noooo, people kept shouting me down, "Hehe, Matsu, you cheap bastard, Apple can't possibly price a PB so low, you need model seperation." WRONG. You need to cover the sweet spots, you need a smooth gradient from the low end to the high-end.

I guarantee you that Apple's gona lose a few PB15 sales on this one, but they're going to pick up a whack of people who would have other wise bough an iBook AND they're going to pick up more than a few customers who didn't have a mac laptop to match their needs/means 3 days ago. You'll see.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    noseynosey Posts: 307member
    I'll be buying one over the next few months. I was leaning towards the iBook, but I guess I stumbled and fell right on the ittyBook.

I get giddy thinking of the 30 cd's of pictures I could fit on 4 DVD's.

Ooo... look! Goosepimples! &gt;shiver&lt; ooo
  • Reply 48 of 49
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    get one Escher. you know you want to.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    icruiseicruise Posts: 127member
    [quote]Originally posted by Escher:

<strong> I couldn't have said it any better, and am now even closer to ordering a 12" PowerBook.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

C'mon Escher -- get one! All of the cool kids are buying them!