this is my life

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
o.k. i don't mean to bother anyone with my problems, but i really need to unload somewere and this seems to be the healthest way to do so. so here it is. i am currently dating this really nice girl, who happens to be from south korea. shes out of town so i decided to go to my brothers house and have a couple of beers. after a couple of beers my brother starts making really racest comments about asians. i, of course, take issue with this and get into his face little, expecting an applogy. then out of nowhere he thows a punch, i think he may have broken my nose. luckly a friend was there to break up the fight. i just don't know what the fuck is going on. i really need someone to talk to but everyone just makes excuse for him. god i hate this shit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Your brother sounds like a dick.

What did you say that made him punch you?
  • Reply 2 of 57
    i think i called a racest , Bush loving prick. all of witch are true. still thats on reason to start swinging.
  • Reply 3 of 57
    Dude. Bad face, but at least you can be proud you were sticking up for your principles.

Get ice on that nose. I've had a broken nose; it hurts.
  • Reply 4 of 57
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I'm sure you considered that you were both drunk. Perhaps you can confront him in a non-drunk state before you make up your mind. He too may regret what happened, but doesn't want to bring it up.

Also, (at least in our house) if my brother threw a punch at me, a nose would be the least of our worries. Of course I'm bigger. 8)
  • Reply 5 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

I'm sure you considered that you were both drunk. Perhaps you can confront him in a non-drunk state before you make up your mind. He too may regret what happened, but doesn't want to bring it up.

Also, (at least in our house) if my brother threw a punch at me, a nose would be the least of our worries. Of course I'm bigger. 8)

yea, but i don't care how drunk you get you don't call someone a slopped eyed bitch. and yes he may regret it, but that doesn't make it o.k.
  • Reply 6 of 57
    I wouldn't take that from my brother; I wouldn't take it from a stranger.

The best thing you can do is stop talking to him, making it clear that his opinions aren't worth your time.
  • Reply 7 of 57
    Slash his tires.
  • Reply 8 of 57
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Slash his tires.

That reminds me off that photoshopped highway sign on Fark that read "All road beyond this point is governed by vigilante rule".
  • Reply 9 of 57
    Better idea:

Kidnap his wife/girlfriend/(boyfriend?), knock him/her out and get a plastic surgeon to give her Asian eyes.
  • Reply 10 of 57
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Be sure to send plenty of pics of your "half breed" kids for Christmas, just to get him really steamed.

Know well though that Korea has it's fair share of "racists" (racial purity/anti-western) too. Ignorance has no borders.

He's an asshole. Lose him. So what if he's your brother. I waste ZERO time with people like that. You do not need to ever be subjugated by assholes like that.
  • Reply 11 of 57
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Families are accidents of birth. Your brother is a racist asswipe. Drop him, and don't look back.
  • Reply 12 of 57
    imeime Posts: 40member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Slash his tires.

lol... short and sweet answer.
  • Reply 13 of 57
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Maybe he was just drunk and being an a-hole?
  • Reply 14 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

Families are accidents of birth.

Indeed. But that doesn't stop them from thinking that blood ties allow them to take the most outrageous liberties which they have no right to take.

I assume you must have had some inkling he was racist. Anyway, you did the right thing sticking up for your girl. He wronged you twice. Once, by calling her a slope eyed bitch, and again, when he hit you. The onus is on him to make amends. Until then, put him on the don't exist list.
  • Reply 15 of 57
    Key "HAY GUYZ IM RACIST OKAY?!" into his car.
  • Reply 16 of 57
    Why don't you just stop calling him. . . I know this seems pretty tame in comparison to some of the other stuff, but I see no reason to get so worked up about it. I also question your motive to post such a personal issue to an internet message board. Do you really think I can help you, not having heard what is likely to be the whole, real story?

Anyway, based on my assumptions:

1) Have a doctor fix up your nose. You don't want to end up looking like Patrick Roy without also being the best hockey goalie ever.

2) Call your bro and tell him in four sentences or less, without any emotion, why you want to just forget about the little incident. Keep it short and say bye.

3) Buy your girl some flowers or some shit like that. Girls always like expensive surprises.
  • Reply 17 of 57
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    You could charge him with assault.

What you do really depends on how close your

ties are to your brother (are you part of a

family business together, how close is your

family, would it make life difficult for

your mother, etc.)

My wife and I wanted to adopt a baby from

Korea, and some of my wife's relatives said that

we would couldn't bring those particular kids

to their house. In my case, the entanglements

were very large, so we gave up (adopted a baby

from Russia, and they paid $22K to make up

the difference in cost).

If you end up staying with your girlfriend,

every family occasion will be difficult -

so it sounds like you have to choose between

the two.
  • Reply 18 of 57
    Maybe he was drunk and said something dumb? Does one dumb statement make someone a racist?
  • Reply 19 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Maybe he was drunk and said something dumb? Does one dumb statement make someone a racist?

'Slope eyed bitch'?

Is there a kind of beer that acts solely on the parts of the brain that deal with racial tolerance?
  • Reply 20 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

'Slope eyed bitch'?

Is there a kind of beer that acts solely on the parts of the brain that deal with racial tolerance?

Well? Jesse Jackson called NYC "hiemy town". So then we can conclude that Jesse Jackson is an anti-Semite. Case closed. This is easy.