Best Browser and Why?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28

Don't forget Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, The Man Who Wasn't There, and The Hudsucker Proxy! I LOVE Coen Bros. films, they are so consistently good it's insane, and every film is different from the rest.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Don't forget Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, The Man Who Wasn't There, and The Hudsucker Proxy! I LOVE Coen Bros. films, they are so consistently good it's insane, and every film is different from the rest.

I didn't forget them of course,

just putting the links off top of my head.

Coen brothers rock. Their flicks are

disturbing, thoroughly. I like to be disturbed

sometimes, anyways...
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Totally agree with the above post
  • Reply 24 of 28
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Safari with Camino for any sites that crash Safari. Firefox and Omniweb are both excellent browsers, but I prefer Safari.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i am using omniweb almost exclusively now, if for no other reason than you can add thumbnail tabs to the tab drawer by dragging their favicons to the drawer, AND you can even duplicate windows by option-dragging a thumbnail within that drawer. especially cool is it will not kick you out of a currently running authenticated session. handy for my bank, which insists upon spawning a new window every time i want to check my account.

also, saved states... best feature EVER. period. hands-down. end-of-story.

now if only it would stop crashing on applets in pages. though i am beginning to suspect panther on that front.

one gui problem, though, and this is due to them trying to use apple's drawer, which has usability issues of its own)... in order to have more thumbnails viewable without scrolling, you must SHRINK the drawer. which, of course, is pretty counter-intuitive. they need to switch to some sort of slider for thumbnail size, a la iphoto.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Safari feature-rich?

Perhaps it's not incredible in that field, but it doesn't have any glaring absences.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I aggree with dfiler, it is difficult to say which is really best I use firefox as my main browser (with a few extentions - mainly web developer bar - it so rocks). But my wife uses Safari for exactly the reason that Gene Clean, because it like the mac os easy to use.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    my wife complained about "seeing the beachball too often" i upgraded to 1.12 gb ram (really cheap and easy) still the beach ball especially on ebay. "why doesn't your dell do this" i was sooooo embarrassed since i have been a true apple nut since 1984 mac plus days. (i only need the dell for a single progam at work--so don't dis me).

So i loaded firefox on her ibook used a shareware to bring over the bookmarks (thanks guys) and much less beach ball--don't know why..... but it works better with her ebay. she likes the way she can change the themes. hint hint apple. so which is best depends on which websites you use most.