Hint(s) to to a March Tiger?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I think if Tiger was going to be released in March, Steve would have made a release date during the expo. I think it's going to be closer to summer time.

I do not believe that Jobs has ever specifically declared a release date at any of the expos or WWDC. For Jaguar it was, "end of summer"; Panther was "end of the year."
  • Reply 22 of 23
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Making new frameworks available as private frameworks in older versions of the OS is expected. I'm sure the new iLife and iWork suites include some features that are really targeted for Tiger.

QT7 for Windows is a given. If its not available on launch day someone should be fired. Granted, making it only available for XP is a valid solution.

I expect iTunes 5 around the time QT7 comes out. Remember all that talk about iFlix or whatnot. You know the H.264 codec is the cornerstone.

Sony being on the MPEG-4 bandwagon is good too. How much that relates to the mix will be revealed in time.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xanadu

I do not believe that Jobs has ever specifically declared a release date at any of the expos or WWDC. For Jaguar it was, "end of summer"; Panther was "end of the year."

As I recall, it always started out with general statements like that, but a firm release date was then announced a couple months before release.