Listings reveal five new Apple retail store locations

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Tipsters frequenting Apple job listing have uncovered five new Apple store locations that are scheduled to debut some time this year.

The listings reveal that Apple will open its first Oklahoma-based retail store at Penn Square in Oklahoma City. Another store scheduled for Arlington, Virginia will touch down at Pentagon City, just minutes from the Pentagon building -- the headquarters of the United States Department of Defense.

Apple will also open stores in: Paramus, New Jersey at the Garden State Plaza; Northbrook Court in Northbrook, Illinions; and the Florida Mall in Orlando, Florida. Tipsters speculate that at least some of the stores will fit Apple's new mini store layout.

During a financial conference call earlier this year, Apple said it expects to have 125 stores in operation by the close of 2005, indicating that it plans to open two dozen stores over the course of the year.

For its fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2004, the company announced that its retail segment generated revenues of $561 million, a 105% increase from the year-ago quarter.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

Apple will also open stores in: Paramus, New Jersey at the Garden State Plaza; Northbrook Court in Northbrook, Illinions; and the Florida Mall in Orlando, Florida. Tipsters speculate that at least some of the stores will fit Apple's new mini store layout.

It better be a mini store for the Florida Mall one. That's less than 10 minutes away from Millenia.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    Heh, Northbrook Court.

Was some of Ferris Bueller shot there, or was is Risky Business? Hmm, I just seem to remember seeing it in some movie or another...

-- Ahh, I was just told that it was the shopping scenes in "Weird Science" and "Ordinary People" that were shot there.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

It better be a mini store for the Florida Mall one. That's less than 10 minutes away from Millenia.

Yeah, but not with the crap traffic and nutcases that drive on OBT. LOL
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by mugwump

Heh, Northbrook Court.

Was some of Ferris Bueller shot there, or was is Risky Business? Hmm, I just seem to remember seeing it in some movie or another...

-- Ahh, I was just told that it was the shopping scenes in "Weird Science" and "Ordinary People" that were shot there.

While it's been a while since I've seen those films, I'd think the mall looks much different than it did in the middle 1980s. It went through what I perceived as a slump for a few years while my wife and I lived in Northbrook. I'm not surprised an Apple Store is opening there as the mall has been on a rebound recently.

I recall residents saying the opening of the movie theatre there was a large cause of concern among residents. I guess they didn't want their otherwise upscale mall to be dragged into middle-class-mall status with a dirty teen-filled theatre.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    egh Oklahoma but no Maine ! Egh
  • Reply 6 of 24
    And here we sit in NM with a pile of high-tech, high-salary weenies in the Los Alamos-Santa Fe-Albuquerque-Socorro-Las Cruces corridor with nary a store in the state.

Help me out here, folks...hit Apple's retail page and tell 'em "New Mexico needs an Apple Store". There'll be no money involved, but on your deathbeds you will receive total consciousness.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    regreg Posts: 832member
    The Pentagon City store will be the 5th Apple store in the DC area. 3 inside the beltway and 2 just outside. Hope the local resellers have their act together. They really did need to get one closer to downtown anyway.

reg
  • Reply 8 of 24
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimhill

And here we sit in NM with a pile of high-tech, high-salary weenies in the Los Alamos-Santa Fe-Albuquerque-Socorro-Las Cruces corridor with nary a store in the state.

Help me out here, folks...hit Apple's retail page and tell 'em "New Mexico needs an Apple Store". There'll be no money involved, but on your deathbeds you will receive total consciousness.

Total consciousness? On my deathbed? Isn't death when you lose consciousness? I'm assuming you were going for something in the 'enlightenment' field?
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Northbrook Court is a strange choice, in my opinion. With Woodfield Mall 30 minutes to the west, and Old Orchard just about 10 minutes to the south, I think the only option for Apple to not begin taking business away from itself would be the mini store, as stated in the article.

The north shore is very wealthy, and this may prove to be a really great place for it, though by looking at a map I would have put it in Vernon Hills, or even Gurnee (both less rich areas, per capita, but less Apple presence.) Having it further north would also bring in the southern Wisconsin crowd, 'cause who the heck is gonna drive all the way up to the western suburbs of Milwaukee? Not I.

Now that I think about it, all the northern Illinois stores - without an exception I can think of - have CompUSAs very close by. I wouldn't be surprised if the Apple retail planners were looking at maps of CompUSA locations, putting down tracing paper, and drawing a circle around all those locations to pick the next Apple stores, since for those stores to thrive, there must be a healthy computer-buying market nearby. And why do the legwork all over again when you can copy off your buddy's homework?
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Actually, it'd be nice if they opened one up with a theater in it.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    damn it! STILL nothing in louisiana... maybe they'll accidentally put one here soon. hey, apple, they are about to build the largest mall in louisiana TEN MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE, in the richest parish in the state.

hello? is anyone listening? cupertino, pick up the phone!!!
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

damn it! STILL nothing in louisiana... maybe they'll accidentally put one here soon. hey, apple, they are about to build the largest mall in louisiana TEN MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE, in the richest parish in the state.

hello? is anyone listening? cupertino, pick up the phone!!!

What is the opening date of the mall. You may have just hit upon when Apple comes to Louisiana.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Louzer

Total consciousness? On my deathbed? Isn't death when you lose consciousness? I'm assuming you were going for something in the 'enlightenment' field?

Actually, it's from a quotation by the great Carl Spackler:

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimhill

Don't forget El Paso, TX!!! CompUSA just doesn't do it for me anymore
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sayhey

What is the opening date of the mall. You may have just hit upon when Apple comes to Louisiana.

they haven't even broke ground yet, BUT they have proven they can finish assembly a fairly large mall near where i live in a year, and have tenants even earlier (in the units that they complete first). i'll have to check with my wife when she gets back tonight, as she's the one who read about it.

honestly, we have fairly terrible malls in the area. lakeside is big, but has suffered from decades of mall rats, hammond square is a pathetic joke that is half occupied and falling apart, slidell's is a strange, long beast with two floors of a dillard split across the mall from each other, and, too, has suffered from mallrat erosion... about the only malls i would wager apple moving into at this time would be the riverfront, which is a tourist draw -- could definitely fit a mini store in there, or the esplanade, but while that's a nice mall, i just don't think there'd be enough local interest -- but, it IS near the compusa in town, so if the previous poster's theory is right, that's where it will end up )

and hey, they're building a best buy merely seven minutes from my house. in two years, i might go from technology famine to feast!
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

they haven't even broke ground yet, BUT they have proven they can finish assembly a fairly large mall near where i live in a year, and have tenants even earlier (in the units that they complete first). i'll have to check with my wife when she gets back tonight, as she's the one who read about it.

honestly, we have fairly terrible malls in the area. lakeside is big, but has suffered from decades of mall rats, hammond square is a pathetic joke that is half occupied and falling apart, slidell's is a strange, long beast with two floors of a dillard split across the mall from each other, and, too, has suffered from mallrat erosion... about the only malls i would wager apple moving into at this time would be the riverfront, which is a tourist draw -- could definitely fit a mini store in there, or the esplanade, but while that's a nice mall, i just don't think there'd be enough local interest -- but, it IS near the compusa in town, so if the previous poster's theory is right, that's where it will end up )

and hey, they're building a best buy merely seven minutes from my house. in two years, i might go from technology famine to feast!

The Riverwalk mall maybe the place to look for an opening. It is owned by the Rouse Company, which also owns such malls as Bridgewater Commons, Christiana Mall, Paramus Park, Pioneer Place, and many others that Apple has stores in. I don't know what the mall is like, but if Apple continues with expansion as usual, it sounds like a likely spot.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sayhey

The Riverwalk mall maybe the place to look for an opening. It is owned by the Rouse Company, which also owns such malls as Bridgewater Commons, Christiana Mall, Paramus Park, Pioneer Place, and many others that Apple has stores in. I don't know what the mall is like, but if Apple continues with expansion as usual, it sounds like a likely spot.

oops. riverwalk... i knew that. shows how much i go mall shopping.

and rouse company? are they the same who own rouses supermarket chain in the state, or is that just a coincidence. interesting.

yeah, i think riverwalk is the most likely candidate as of this writing, and it is located near the districts where a high percentage of the design firms and galleries are located.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by bredlo

Northbrook Court is a strange choice, in my opinion. With Woodfield Mall 30 minutes to the west, and Old Orchard just about 10 minutes to the south, I think the only option for Apple to not begin taking business away from itself would be the mini store, as stated in the article.

The north shore is very wealthy, and this may prove to be a really great place for it, though by looking at a map I would have put it in Vernon Hills, or even Gurnee (both less rich areas, per capita, but less Apple presence.) Having it further north would also bring in the southern Wisconsin crowd, 'cause who the heck is gonna drive all the way up to the western suburbs of Milwaukee? Not I.

Now that I think about it, all the northern Illinois stores - without an exception I can think of - have CompUSAs very close by. I wouldn't be surprised if the Apple retail planners were looking at maps of CompUSA locations, putting down tracing paper, and drawing a circle around all those locations to pick the next Apple stores, since for those stores to thrive, there must be a healthy computer-buying market nearby. And why do the legwork all over again when you can copy off your buddy's homework?

I live in Gurnee. I was expecting an Apple Store at Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills. Hawthorn is going to be expanded and has become more "upscale" so it would make sense to open a store there. Northbrook Court is VERY upscale but is WAY too close to Old Orchard Mall. Yes, Apple will compete with itself. Oh, BTW, there is a CompUSA about a half mile away!

Putting a store in Gurnee Mills would be great (for me) but unlikely. It is still considered an "upscale super-outlet" center although it seems to be in some state of transition. So Hawthorn would be perfect. Northbrook Court is not very big or attractive but is so darn pricey that many people shy away from shopping there and prefer Old Orchard instead.

I hope this info is wrong. Northbrook Court is a poor location for any kind of Apple Store.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

oops. riverwalk... i knew that. shows how much i go mall shopping.

and rouse company? are they the same who own rouses supermarket chain in the state, or is that just a coincidence. interesting.

yeah, i think riverwalk is the most likely candidate as of this writing, and it is located near the districts where a high percentage of the design firms and galleries are located.

I guess it is really owned by General Growth Properties which bought Rouse last August. I don't know anything about the supermarket chain.

Somehow, Apple has got to get a store in New Orleans - it is soon to be the largest US metro area without a store! Right now only Virginia Beach stands in the way, and the rumors are that won't last long.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    I just wanna know when they're gonna open up the century city store in LA. Granted, theres 2 other apple stores within 10-15 minutes from there, but still! I want more job oppurtunities!

Damn you apple retail for not hiring me! I have more experience than any of the weenies at your store AND I already switch people! Just pay me for it already!