Thinking About Developing, Or Well, Programming

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    You can even add your .icn file to your XCode project so it becomes part of the project package. Then you can right-click on the Target and type the name of your .icn file. This will get you using your custom icon file immediately.

In the latest version of XCode, then project->Set Active Build Configuration->Release menu navigation is now project->Set Active Build Configuration->Deployment.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RolandG

No expert here, but from what I know:

Most of the Mac OS X apps are Apple-Scriptable.

- What kind of enhancement do you have in mind for iTunes that would not require the user to trigger it? It usually is a bad idea to develop something that kicks in without the user's knowledge (i.e. spyware, virii, trojan horses).

How do I go about making scripts come up? How do I start writing them? (Is there a way to learn from Apple via Apple.com?)

I'd like to right click a song and have the ability to open up a transcription on that song via iTunes. I know that it can open or at least organize PDFs but I thought this kind of stuff would at least be useable to me. Or other musicians.

I understand this post has been going for quite some time, but I hate creating new stuff that I didn't talk about before (OR in this case, create before) and just abandon. I try and search through my stuff before creating a new post.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    You can start at http://developer.apple.com . You'll want to create a free online ADC account so you can download the latest version of the developer tools. AppleScript Studio (ASS) is included in this package which you'd use to build AppleScript programs.

This site also has docs and tutorials to get you started building scripts as well.