Apple reveals flashy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger retail packaging

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by john.outwater

I fail to see how a silver "X" is cartoonish. I think its simplicity and overall slickness represents the OS perfectly.

I think he is talking about the cartoon mouse we have as a temp logo on our new Back Page (appleinsider.com/backpage/) and not the Tiger retail box Though I can see how this thread has confusingly been severed in two due to my misplaced request for comments on the new site design =P

As for the logo, we are open to submissions. We were going to launch an AppleInsider logo design contest, but never got around to having the official set of rules and guidelines written up. In brief, submissions must be in a scalable illustrator file and the winner will get a shuffle. Please feel free to send your submissions.

Kasper
  • Reply 22 of 29
    3 of these boxes together on a store shelf will make you think you've entered the adult software section!
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Has anyone noticed that the Tiger stripes are gone now from Apple's preview page? (Look at the CD in the upper-left)

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Interesting... maybe they'll be rolling this thing out sooner? Seems odd to "reveal" the packaging and change the look of the CD unless they're getting ready to start production to me. But the move up of WWDC certainly makes me think that will be the release time. Who knows. :/
  • Reply 24 of 29
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    damn... I liked the Tiger Stripes.

It definetly looks like the X-Men logo now...

weird
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by adamrao

But the move up of WWDC certainly makes me think that will be the release time. Who knows. :/

It really doesn't make sense to me for Apple to release Tiger during the WWDC. I mean wouldn't it be better for developers to try out the final release for a bit, and then go to the conference better prepared?

Seems to me they're building a buzz. Could be any day now ....

edit: I think the change in date for WWDC has more to do with a hardware announcement rather than software.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    um yeah, I didn't like the cartoon logo, I do dig the x-men logo though.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Definitely not enough contrast in the new design colors. \
  • Reply 28 of 29
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

It really doesn't make sense to me for Apple to release Tiger during the WWDC. I mean wouldn't it be better for developers to try out the final release for a bit, and then go to the conference better prepared?

Seems to me they're building a buzz. Could be any day now ....

edit: I think the change in date for WWDC has more to do with a hardware announcement rather than software.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the announcement. If they are going to truly get a lot out of the conferences, workshops, one on one, they would need it before.

But Tiger is just too big not to have it announced at a big show. I think it will be the culmination of a lot of the power that OS X really has to offer. I believe when it is announced that it will be available immediately.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Don't care if the box has bugs bunny on the front, as long as whats in it works, and works well