iPods Terrible Headphones

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    hmmm...

Are the really bad BASS because of the headphones or the chipset of the iPod?

If its the headphones, I'll change them right away...
  • Reply 22 of 34
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

hmmm...

I think bass are delicious! Roll 'em in cornmeal and fry 'em up!
  • Reply 23 of 34
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

I have an iPod, and yes, I have tried them. And they're still crap for the price. Get a $50 dollar Sony DiskMan and see which headphones sound better - the ones that come with a $299 iPod (20GB) or the ones that come with a cheap Sony DiskMan.

Of course, you may not see any difference, but to my ear, the Sony ones sound better, and this should finally seal this issue here.

Have a nice one.

i find the headphones that come with the iPod to be of a very good quality for standard headphones.

Also, your 50 dollar discman comparison is extremely questionable as the Apple headphones are just rebadged sony headphones that are likely of equal or greater quality than the one's sony includes with cheap discmen.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    A good white pair of head phones. My pair outdated my iPod. When they got stolen with my iPod I don´t really know what I miss the most.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    I've had other brands of headphones and owned several discmen, but to me the iPod's sound the best.

Decent bass, good treble, nice look.

Only problem that I have with them now is that soooooo many people have them, and now it's like a frickn' fashion trend and I feel like I'm wearing them to "fit in" not because I like them.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    I must say I don't think the iPod 'phones are too bad either. I usually use Sennheiser HD-280's, and the iPod stock earphones while unimpressive do sound better than anything else in the very low price range. Enough so that when I owned an iPod for a month I didn't buy the Shure E3c's I was looking at. (That and I didn't have the money). So buying a cheap 10 dollar set shouldn't yield very good results, at least in my opinion. Maybe you did just get a bad set.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I think bass are delicious! Roll 'em in cornmeal and fry 'em up!

So says the flounder.

Hmm, I ate your sister last night. Some lemon and salt. Mmmm

• Reply 28 of 34
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I'm a semi-audio/video-phile and I think the iPod headphones aren't bad at all. They aren't the same as some expensive studio phones, but I wouldn't expect them to be. However, based on all the bitching, I'd expect them to be worse than they are!

I also use the Apple in-ear headphones. All the complaints about lack of bass are from those who don't get a good seal. Sorry your ears are oddly shaped. I found that mine fit fairly well, and if I get my ears a little moist, those suckers make a fantastic seal and sound fab.

For an iPod I want something portable with decent sound. I don't want some head strap to hold things up. The rare time I'm at home and using headphones I can always bust out my Sennheisers, but I don't want to wear those walking down the street or when I go to the gym.

My headphone choice is similar to my codec choice, 160 AAC not Apple Lossless: I want my music to sound good and be portable.

Of course, YMMV.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

and if I get my ears a little moist

best clause ever.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

So says the flounder.

Hmm, I ate your sister last night. Some lemon and salt. Mmmm

Touché
  • Reply 31 of 34
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

best clause ever.

Funny part is that its so true. I headed out on a rainy day after taking a shower and my god did the headphones sound good.

Some people may start giving themselves wet willies for better tunes, but I think I can pass.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Some people may start giving themselves wet willies for better tunes, but I think I can pass.

omfg taht wes the LOL
  • Reply 33 of 34
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

hmmm...

You probably aren't getting a decent seal with the headphone (ie. it isn't sitting in right) and that happens with that style of earphone and some people's ears. The Bass out of them is actually pretty reasonable. I prefer my current set but I also think they sit a lot nicer.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    err.. there are only so many ways to wear headphones. They're well set. I DONT wear the black cover things because they fall out all the time, and one day I got to work, took out the headphones and my colleagues didnt tell me all day that I had a black headphone cover sticking out of my ear all day. I didnt feel it becaus ethey are so light.

since that day I've banished the fockers.

I find the sound crisp and clear, but when I get to some all guitar (classic) acustic solos and there are some really low sounds, the sound is just distorted and horrible. Also, sometimes with techno/dance where it hits some really low beats or whatnot the sound is just bad bad bad.

I have the EQ off, but the few times I tried putting the appropriate EQ for whatever song, it still was crap.