Apple unveils second generation iPod mini

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

I oredered mine from Apple and it shipped the next morning so that sort of sucks

well, new zealand is pretty far away
  • Reply 62 of 64
    kiwimackiwimac Posts: 80member
    I live in New Zealand even the online NZ apple store here hasnt got them yet or iPod shuffles or Mac mini's
  • Reply 63 of 64
    I actually got one of the 6 GB minis on Monday (silver). My first iPod ever!

So far I'm digging i immensely. I actually had placed an order online, but my inclusion of a Firewire cable had pushed the ship date way back. So, I removed the cable and wandered over to the Cambridge, MA Apple Store to buy the cable (and an AC adapter for kicks and giggles). Low and behold, there's a pile of iPods behind the counter! New minis, new photos, even a bunch of shuffles. I promptly unleashed the plastic and snagged one for myself. While I was waiting for the sales dude to ring me up, I saw 5 people buy shuffles and 2 buy photos. Consumerism at it's finest .

I walked outside and called the Apple Online Store to kill the original order. When the guy asked (very tactfully) why I was canceling I told him it was because the brick and mortar Apple Stores apparently had all their inventory.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by VanDeWaals

I actually got one of the 6 GB minis on Monday (silver). My first iPod ever!

So far I'm digging i immensely. I actually had placed an order online, but my inclusion of a Firewire cable had pushed the ship date way back. So, I removed the cable and wandered over to the Cambridge, MA Apple Store to buy the cable (and an AC adapter for kicks and giggles). Low and behold, there's a pile of iPods behind the counter! New minis, new photos, even a bunch of shuffles. I promptly unleashed the plastic and snagged one for myself. While I was waiting for the sales dude to ring me up, I saw 5 people buy shuffles and 2 buy photos. Consumerism at it's finest .

I walked outside and called the Apple Online Store to kill the original order. When the guy asked (very tactfully) why I was canceling I told him it was because the brick and mortar Apple Stores apparently had all their inventory.

dude sweet i'm sure the apple online store due was cool with you killing the order 'coz you got it at your local Apple Store...

now try and scratch that f8cker! you will notice the Silver iPod mini (6gb is sweet man...!!!) is really scratch resistant...!!!