Next iPod to have huge extension in battery life

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by BoeManE

I still have my trusty old 1G 5GB iPod (first one to market, way before they came in 10GB as well), and I still get a good 6-8 hours of battery time out of it, depending on how many songs I skip. Depending on my mood, which varies from no-skipping to skip-every-second-song...

.:BoeManE:.

You've got a durable battery there, awesome! I intend to play this iPod until it offers a ridiculously low battery life. If it gets below 1 hour and a half of playing time then I'll think about replacing it with a new unit.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Apple bean-counters designed the iPod's battery scheme, not the engineers. There are just so many advantages to having a removable battery pack and so few advantages to a non-replaceable pack, for the consumer, that no sensible engineer would opt for the built-in battery.

i beg to differ. even on my powerbook i often find that there is a very small ridge created by the battery compartment that can sometimes make the book a little wobbly. i use my ipod way to much to have a battery compartment to worry about falling off, breaking, or something else. with all the accessories and stuff out there, for the few people who ACTUALLY need more than 12 hours or whatever the 4G ipod has, there are plenty of solutions. unless you're dumb enough to use your backlight all the time, there's just really no reason your ipod battery should dying. it takes all of 5 seconds to plug it in at night.