Post Your Desktop (2005 edition)

Comments

• Reply 81 of 219
    I was just bored and messing around one day in my school's computer lab and noticed them in the change background dialog. I didn't expect them since they always jave such crappy desktops on by default.
  • Reply 82 of 219
    agent69agent69 Posts: 88member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Asaph

Mando - i for one would be happy to buy your stuff in CD form. I don't know exactly how many it would fill up, or if it would be easier for you to use DVDs (assuming you can burn DVDs). I would definitely buy it though.

Asaph

Me too.
  • Reply 83 of 219
    tchwojkotchwojko Posts: 139member

New Buffalo, MI
  • Reply 84 of 219
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent69

Me too.

...would any of you guys would be interested in downloading a cd-image of my site?
  • Reply 85 of 219
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member

What kind of question is that? Heck yea.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of seeders here too if you are a bittorrent fan.
  • Reply 86 of 219
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

...would any of you guys would be interested in downloading a cd-image of my site?

That would be just as good, although I think that the bandwidth could be a problem for you. in fact, my concern for your bandwidth is why I have never gone in and downloaded every single picture at every available resolution; I didn't want to cause trouble for you.
  • Reply 87 of 219
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent69

That would be just as good, although I think that the bandwidth could be a problem for you. in fact, my concern for your bandwidth is why I have never gone in and downloaded every single picture at every available resolution; I didn't want to cause trouble for you.

hehehe. Anyone out there has a fast server/connection I could use?
  • Reply 88 of 219
    Quote:

Mando,

If you do this, I respectfully suggest offering it in a cross platform format, either a .iso or a .zip; that way you can offer this to people using Linux/BSD and Windows.
  • Reply 89 of 219
    Quote:

What if you made it into a bittorrent?
  • Reply 90 of 219
    The other day I downloaded a whole bunch of tv programs (The Office and Monk using Tomato and via btefnet) and saw my cable line go down in speed quite a bit (I must remind you that I run my site from home). Not to mention the fact that I'm not that famous and therefore, the torrent wouldn't be that fast in the scheme of things. \
  • Reply 91 of 219
    kcom2006kcom2006 Posts: 69member
    My New Desktop with TIGER OS X 10.4 !!!!!
  • Reply 92 of 219
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    KCOM2006: I think you should read the first post regarding the size of the picture.

Made the picture last week out of a window in the Washington Monument, looking at the Lincoln Memorial.
  • Reply 93 of 219
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Made the picture last week out of the Washington Monument looking at the Lincoln Memorial.

Very nice. Mind posting the original?
  • Reply 94 of 219
    whiterabbitwhiterabbit Posts: 208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Made the picture last week out of a window in the Washington Monument, looking at the Lincoln Memorial.

It's not perfectly alighed. There's something funny about it anyway.

KCOM2006: I think you should read the first post regarding the size of the picture.

They, vBulletin, ought to make a feature that automatically makes thumbnails from images people post. It could just automatically detect the size of the image from IMG tags, and then if it's too big, it will make a thumbnail. It would be so easy, I'm surprised the haven't a long time ago.
  • Reply 95 of 219
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit

It's not perfectly alighed. There's something funny about it anyway.

They, vBulletin, ought to make a feature that automatically makes thumbnails from images people post. It could just automatically detect the size of the image from IMG tags, and then if it's too big, it will make a thumbnail. It would be so easy, I'm surprised the haven't a long time ago.

It's called the [shot] tag, which this forum doesn't have. Don't blame vB for the cheapness of AppleInsider.

Here's mine, with a desktop background of my own creation (kinda)
  • Reply 96 of 219
    whiterabbitwhiterabbit Posts: 208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It's called the [shot] tag, which this forum doesn't have. Don't blame vB for the cheapness of AppleInsider.

Here's mine, with a desktop background of my own creation (kinda)

Well they could easily make it so that the forum could set a rule about image sizes. And then it would automatically make an img tag into a shot tag. I've been on lots of other forums and they all have a problem with people posting stuff that's too big.
  • Reply 97 of 219
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Very nice. Mind posting the original?

I placed it in my public folder:

Lincoln Memorial

I know it's not perfectly aligned.
  • Reply 98 of 219
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Ubuntu Hoary, with the Mono Development Kit.

Click Here
  • Reply 99 of 219
    Any Futurama fans in here?

• Reply 100 of 219
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member

Haha. Nice Futurama vector graphics. You trace those yourself?