Multiple desktops in Tiger?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

Yer experience is lacking my friend.

Did you somehow defensively take my post as a criticism of Exposé?

My experience is ample. I've seen entire offices of people that don't use Exposé at all, be it day one or day fifty of using Panther. It is a solution that many people didn't ask for. They nearly always want it turned off with a few much-welcomed exceptions.

I only spoke about a range of users I've seen personally, from MIT/Harvard/local businesses and government since Panther has been out.

Do I think that all Mac users don't use it? Or 1 out of 10 Mac users?

No. I don't doubt there are bright cliques of saavy powerusers and bravo if you are in the middle of one.

But I do at least posit that there are far fewer Mac OS X users using Exposé than you think there are. As for real-world numbers, who knows.

So unless you have some kind of national survey of Mac users to draw from, your opinion of your own experience is as personal/inconclusive/speculative and open to arguing against as mine is.

I use Exposé perhaps every minute I'm on my Mac in one fashion or another. It kills me that people don't break from the old Mac OS 9/Windows 95/etc "training" and really open up and start enjoying these features. But people are stubborn. Many want to learn one thing, one way and just do that forever. Extra learning is a pain to them and they resent newfangled methods.

That is fine by me, since it gives me an advantage in many ways. But if given the choice of a co-worker that does things the hard/traditional way or one that gets the most from his/her Mac, I'll choose the latter.