Ordering from UK Apple store - delivery times?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there,

I ordered by powerbook last saturday, Got acknowledgment email - the financing agreement was processed yesterday and I got my email saying "We received your order etc.." and the estimated delivery date was the 21st. (The status of my order is "Open") Have any of you guys had experience on getting something from the uk apple store - when can I expect it to arrive - is the estimate accurate-ish or will it be here by the end of next week (hopes hopes!!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ripkord

Hi there,

I ordered by powerbook last saturday, Got acknowledgment email - the financing agreement was processed yesterday and I got my email saying "We received your order etc.." and the estimated delivery date was the 21st. (The status of my order is "Open") Have any of you guys had experience on getting something from the uk apple store - when can I expect it to arrive - is the estimate accurate-ish or will it be here by the end of next week (hopes hopes!!)

Thanks!

In my experience oer the last 12 months or so (3 powerbooks for family and a dual 2.5 for me all at diferent times) the ship time on the powerbooks was a little longer as they come from the far east.

Each powerbook was here within 6-7 days after the shipping date apart from one which came 10 days after (but TNT spent 3 days trying to find it after thay lost it)

The powermac only took 3 days from shippping but it only came from ireland.

I always add 7 days to the ship date, and if it comes before it's a bonus if it comes later it's days of my life wasted watching the window

Hope it comes fast

j.
  • Reply 2 of 29
    ripkordripkord Posts: 78member
    eek!

was dreading someone saying that

ahh well thanks for letting me know
  • Reply 3 of 29
    Is the "estimated delivery date was the 21st" or is it the est ship date ?

It hurts but it is worth the wait, just think of the brand spanking new box

j.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    Oh yeah thats the ship date :/ damn never even noticed that ... argh!!! I cant wait that long!! thats torture!
  • Reply 5 of 29

I feel for you.. but you can always spend the time planning where to put your stickers.

j.
  • Reply 6 of 29
    Stickers? Youve lost me

This is my first MAc, the tension is too much!! ARGH!!

HURRY UP EASTER BUNNY!
  • Reply 7 of 29
    Ohh it is your first mac.. Double Congrats.

I've spoilt the suprise but all macs come with a set of stickers, just a little extra that makes apple apple.

As this is your first mac you will be amazed at the quality of packaging and the beauty of the design. (no generic brown cardboard box)

There is nothing like opening a new mac box and seeing the excellently presented computer for the first time.

Little powerbook tip : keep the funny plastic/sponge sheet that is between the screen and keyboard, it protects the screen from the grease that builds up on the keys over time.

j.

Ohh and take some pics when you open it
  • Reply 8 of 29
    I will, Canon g6 at the ready

It got shipped this morning!! TNT (netherlands)

?? they are sending dutch couriers to the far east ? huh?

Stickers & great packaging, stuff like that nmakes all the difference doesnt it
  • Reply 9 of 29
    You will get 2 shiping numbers

the first from apple and later another as the courier (tnt local normally in the uk) picks up the package, keep checking order status with apple.

The second is a TNT tracking number.

http://www.tnt.com/country/en_gb.html

j.
  • Reply 10 of 29
    Ah right, thanks for the info

The Apple tracking page is down atm :/
  • Reply 11 of 29
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    How about us in the USA, my mini left the factory in China on Mar 16, I used standard fedex shipping (had I known it would come from Chiuna, I would have used over night or 2-day)Is there any chance of getting it before Monday the 21st? I wanted it before my spring break ends so I can have time to play...
  • Reply 12 of 29
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

How about us in the USA, my mini left the factory in China on Mar 16, I used standard fedex shipping (had I known it would come from Chiuna, I would have used over night or 2-day)Is there any chance of getting it before Monday the 21st? I wanted it before my spring break ends so I can have time to play...

How do you know that your mini is shipping from China? Does it say that somewhere?

If I had known they were going to use awful FedEx Ground (or "not-really-FedEx" as I like to call it) for my mini, I would've upgraded to something else. What are you calling "standard fedex shipping"? If it's FedEx Ground and coming from China, I'd say forget about even getting it next week (unless you live in California). FedEx Ground is FedEx in name alone.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by pmjoe

How do you know that your mini is shipping from China? Does it say that somewhere?

cut and paste from FedEx:

\tMar 17, 2005 \t7:32 pm \t

\tLeft FedEx Ramp \t

\tSHENZHEN CN \t

\t

\tMar 16, 2005 \t11:31 pm \t

\tLeft FedEx Origin Location \t

\tSHENZHEN CN

(this part is newer than my first post)

Estimated delivery date \t \tMar 21, 2005 by 10:30 am
  • Reply 14 of 29
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Well, sounds like you'll get them on the 21st. Mine says California, but it's taking a lot longer than that to ship.
  • Reply 15 of 29
    Only a few more days to gooo... arghh..... the suspense is killing me, already have the other 512MB and a wireless router, although setting that up might prove er difficult seeing as I have no spare power sockets!
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Hang in there buddy

j.
  • Reply 17 of 29
    Well, I got my Mac Mini on friday at 10 AM!!!

I have been working on a couple of huge projects for school as well as playing with the mac, and after ~60 hrs as a mac user, I can say that this is the best computer that I have ever used, bar none. That is high praise from a ~12 year windows veteran and a ~15 year PC user. The operating system is simply amazing! This is a mind-blowing experience, a total right-brain v left-brain thing, I can have GB running making music, whilst at the same time have xcode running and trying to teach myself it's quirks whilst poring over the OSX interface design standards.

As for general use, I love it, the PDF support in osx is amazing, and I love the print to pdf in every print panel.

I will not go on any more, as every one here knows the advantages of OSX, but, let me just say that this is the first time a computer has delivered MORE than what I had expected - AND DEV TOOLS IS INCLUDED NO Visual Studio to buy...YAY!
  • Reply 18 of 29
    Well, just off the phone with TNT (it appeared on their tracking this morning) and apprently it will be out for delivery tomorrow!

As the pr0-gamers would say:

WOOT!

• Reply 19 of 29
    Ha, I was just wondering about your computer today

remember to post the unpacking pics

j.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    Well its being delivered to my mums so I dont know if I can, shes gonna want me to open it up there, ill try to resist!