iPod halo effect estimated at a staggering 20 percent

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    LOL ..oops.. thanks for pointing that out..

so anyways according to the computer...( I removed the pc100 stick) I have 1.12GB of memory..back to the topic at hand..

I still can't believe people will buy a mac simply because they bought an ipod..

(coming soon, the translucent woman's "that time of the month" product...the iPad)
  • Reply 62 of 70
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alaskanblacklab

LOL ..oops.. thanks for pointing that out..

so anyways according to the computer...( I removed the pc100 stick) I have 1.12GB of memory..back to the topic at hand..

I still can't believe people will buy a mac simply because they bought an ipod..

(coming soon, the translucent woman's "that time of the month" product...the iPad)

Some people must be doing it or it wouldn't be reported.

By the way. 1 Gigabyte can be counted as EITHER 1,024 Megabytes, or 1,000 Megabytes. This has been an industry contraversy from long ago. When HD manufacturers started calling 1,000 Kilobytes a megabyte, they were assailed as being deceptive because they kept adding the "extra" 24Kilobytes in, as 40 Megabytes = 41 Megabytes. thats why we see drives that equal 4.1 Gigabytes, etc.

This argument is really pointless because it's really just about rounding.

The question is not whether 512MByte is one half of a Megabyte. Of course it is.

To get technical, a megabyte is considered to be 1,048,576 Bytes. That's because it's measured by the power of two.

does it matter?

NO
  • Reply 63 of 70
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Some people must be doing it or it wouldn't be reported.

By the way. 1 Gigabyte can be counted as EITHER 1,024 Megabytes, or 1,000 Megabytes.

Not with RAM, it's always 1024.

Could you imagine how un-optimal RAM in 1000 byte chunks would be!
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

Not with RAM, it's always 1024.

Could you imagine how un-optimal RAM in 1000 byte chunks would be!

That's why it's confusing. In theory it is1048+. But it doesn't matter.

If you have a Gig of RAM, who cares if it's another Meg or not?
  • Reply 65 of 70
    your heading off topic.......

So what kind of ipod would you suggest for me?

I already use a Mac and a PC..so the staggering 20 percent doesn't apply to me.

Ipod mini..ghey

regular ipod....maybe

picture ipod..we have cameraphones for that..why bother?

ipod shuffle...again with the gheyness...and what's up with the no display? and your limited in capacity...but then again when you want to "upgrade" you just throw it away and buy a newer one.

Would one search ebay for the 1st generation ipod? you know,the ones with the buttons...
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Quote:

your heading off topic.......

So what kind of ipod would you suggest for me?

I already use a Mac and a PC..so the staggering 20 percent doesn't apply to me.

Ipod mini..ghey

regular ipod....maybe

picture ipod..we have cameraphones for that..why bother?

ipod shuffle...again with the gheyness...and what's up with the no display? and your limited in capacity...but then again when you want to "upgrade" you just throw it away and buy a newer one.

Would one search ebay for the 1st generation ipod? you know,the ones with the buttons...

What do you want to do with it?

If you have no goal in mind, then no one can suggest anything.

Perhaps you should go to Apple's site, and find out what they can do and go from there.

Here:http://www.apple.com/itunes/
  • Reply 67 of 70
    sounds likes effort to me...plus I'm not a big fan of apple.

Heck I'll save some money and go with Creative or something..

"what do you want to do with it?" target practice?..I've heard rumors that some people use them for playing music...
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Quote:

sounds likes effort to me...plus I'm not a big fan of apple.

Heck I'll save some money and go with Creative or something..

"what do you want to do with it?" target practice?..I've heard rumors that some people use them for playing music...

Well yes, of course. But iPods do much more than the other players do. Other than not having a built-in FM tuner, which it seems that almost no one uses anyway. A lot of people like putting their calendars and contacts on them. If you don't have a Palm or Windows based phone, it's hard to get addresses etc. on them. Others use it to move large files from one computer to another. Others to put images from their Digicams when they run out of space, etc. People also do Podcasts. I've just read that 6 million people download them every day. There are also over 400 accessories, from cases to car integrators If none of that is of interest...

I'm not really sure why you asked. I seems as though you weren't interested anyway. Some of Creatives' are less expensive, but some are more.