This forum needs to be axed. It is a joke.

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
"But Hassan, there's a 'Feedback' forum to discuss matters like this."

"Yes, there is, and the only member of the AppleInsider staff who's posted in it in nearly a MONTH is Groverat."

This is too lame for words.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Did I tell you that I went into a store yesterday?

• Reply 2 of 28
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

"But Hassan, there's a 'Feedback' forum to discuss matters like this."

"Yes, there is, and the only member of the AppleInsider staff who's posted in it in nearly a MONTH is Groverat."

That doesn't mean we don't read it.

Moving to Feedback...
  • Reply 3 of 28
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    We read Feedback. I just post here because I'm a filthy post whore.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well that's true.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    Whose great idea was that forum anyway??? (points upstream)
  • Reply 6 of 28
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    can we rename it refuse forum?
  • Reply 7 of 28
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    The existence of Retail Discussion is very much under discussion by the site staff and your comments have all been noted.

Hopefully we'll have a decision early in the coming week.

Thanks

Jambo
  • Reply 8 of 28
    sayheysayhey Posts: 49member
    I post here because I'm interested in Apple's continued growth. I'm also interested in the success or failure of Apple's high risk retail strategy. I guess that makes me "lame." If AppleInsider doesn't want to have discussions on these developments, then other sites will get those posters who are interested in them. It seems there are some posters here who are also interested in the latest news on the retail stores, but if there are those that feel that this discussion is too far below them then I can leave and go elsewhere.

It's too bad though because AppleInsider has in the past paid close attention to this subject.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sayhey

I post here because I'm interested in Apple's continued growth. I'm also interested in the success or failure of Apple's high risk retail strategy. I guess that makes me "lame." If AppleInsider doesn't want to have discussions on these developments, then other sites will get those posters who are interested in them. It seems there are some posters here who are also interested in the latest news on the retail stores, but if there are those that feel that this discussion is too far below them then I can leave and go elsewhere.

It's too bad though because AppleInsider has in the past paid close attention to this subject.

???

They're talking about 'Retail Discussion' a subforum of AppleInsider Forums, not the whole Forum. It could very well fit into 'Insider Lounge' as it is not a forum frequented by many members, and not very interesting to begin with.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

???

They're talking about 'Retail Discussion' a subforum of AppleInsider Forums, not the whole Forum. It could very well fit into 'Insider Lounge' as it is not a forum frequented by many members, and not very interesting to begin with.

Right, even if the retail discussion forum is erased, the retail discussion threads will still be there.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

???

I understood the proposed change. My interest in joining AppleInsider was precisely because of the retail discussion. What you find uninteresting maybe very interesting to others. It seems to me that what is needed is rather some effort to continue to bring new information to the subject, not closing down the whole sub-forum.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sayhey

I understood the proposed change. My interest in joining AppleInsider was precisely because of the retail discussion. What you find uninteresting maybe very interesting to others. It seems to me that what is needed is rather some effort to continue to bring new information to the subject, not closing down the whole sub-forum.

I think the issue is that it is not a very dynamic forum with a very small pulling power. If the opening of apple stores is what floats your boat, then power to you. I on the other hand would rather watch paint dry.

Given that it came at a time of internal change this forum was an obvious target to vent frustrations. Once it disappears into the wilderness of failure I think that CC might soon follow.

2c
  • Reply 13 of 28
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    How about renaming it something like "Apple Marketplace." It could not only include threads about Apple's retail ventures but also be the spot for buying advice here at AI. If people wanted, they could also talk about shareholder info and stock prices.

Hey, it's not much more, but at least it'd fill out what is currently an anorexic forum. \
  • Reply 14 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Omega

I think the issue is that it is not a very dynamic forum with a very small pulling power. If the opening of apple stores is what floats your boat, then power to you. I on the other hand would rather watch paint dry.

Given that it came at a time of internal change this forum was an obvious target to vent frustrations. Once it disappears into the wilderness of failure I think that CC might soon follow.

2c

There are many things that "float my boat" when it comes to discussing Apple, but what got me to start posting regularly at AppleInsider was the fact a entire sub-forum was directed to this topic. After watching some impressive stories from the staff that lead the way on topics like the Japanese and Canadian retail expansion, I thought the same attention would be paid to this sub-forum. If I'm wrong and this is not the place for these discussions, then that's fine. I post at other sites that do want to include this topic and I can go there.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

How about renaming it something like "Apple Marketplace." It could not only include threads about Apple's retail ventures but also be the spot for buying advice here at AI. If people wanted, they could also talk about shareholder info and stock prices.

Hey, it's not much more, but at least it'd fill out what is currently an anorexic forum. \

Brilliant!

Gotta like those Guinness commercials and CosmoNut's idea.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Hey, Mods and Admins, any updates on the status of this?
  • Reply 17 of 28
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Yes. We've decided that since retail Discussion doesn't get very much traffic, much like Creative Corner, we're going to close every forum save those two to force people to start liking them.

MWAAHHAHAHAHA

---

Actually, I don't know.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    I've got it! Combine the two! Creative Retail!

Its new topic could be the creative process on the retail industry.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Hey, Mods and Admins, any updates on the status of this?

Yes, Retail Discussion is now closed.

Thank you all for your input.

Jambo
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Yes, Retail Discussion is now closed.

Thank you all for your input.

Jambo

That was a lazy mistake. Goodbye, AppleInsider.