What If Steve Jobs Dies?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was thinking last night, what if Steve Jobs Died? I mean there are a lot of people who give him credit for saving Apple and lots who say he horribly damages it.

So if Steve was in a Plane crash or some type of freak accident... What would happen to Apple? Would it change for the better or for the worse?

I am curious what peoples thoughts are on this?

Edit: I bet that message subject got a lot of you in here quick lol.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    %20 stock drop. Opening for Apple CEO position.
  • Reply 2 of 34
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    And to fill that position, we could see a recent ex-HP CEO become CEO of Apple. Think about it: Carly was probably wanting to do a lot of the things with HP that Steve's done with Apple. The curmugeons at HP's board of directors might not have wanted to roll like that so they ousted her.

But this is ALL theory.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    Mods please re-name this thread. How about "What if Steve Jobs Died?"
  • Reply 4 of 34
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    They should get Woz to fill the CEO position. Or not.
  • Reply 5 of 34
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

They should get Woz to fill the CEO position. Or not.

Woz was never the businessman type.

I'd like to see Gates, since he's the leading expert in Apple technology
  • Reply 6 of 34
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

So if Steve was in a Plane crash or some type of freak accident... What would happen to Apple? Would it change for the better or for the worse?

Doesn't or didn't Steve Jobs have cancer? I'm gonna say if he dies, it won't be from a plane crash.

But anyhow, a company is a company. I think there are enough people with good ideas in Apple to keep it going now that has been sort of kick-started.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    The future of Apple depends on strategic choices taken By SJ in the past years :

- the cooperation with IBM for high end PPC chips

- the I pod and digital hub life style

- the innovative design, and the simplicity

- mac OS X

Even if SJ died tomorrow, the future of Apple is clear. Simplicity, reliability innovation. The Mhz race is now over, people wants computers at the image of cars : easy to use and no failures, able to move in town high ways or mountain's roads.
  • Reply 8 of 34
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    2 words:

Feeding tube.

Steve ain't going anywhere.

Just do what they do with the Pope: Bunraku Puppetry. Have a bunch of guys in black with wires standing in front of a black drape, animating him.

Somewhere in the basement of the Vatican, Stan Winston is working under duress on a Pope robot...
  • Reply 9 of 34
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Carly was probably wanting to do a lot of the things with HP that Steve's done with Apple.

Good God, she'd probably want to merge Apple with Gateway. "The industry's converging! The industry's converging!"
  • Reply 10 of 34
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    1) Divide the company into Apple Media and Apple Computers.

2) Put some kind of financial god in charge of Apple Media, milking the marked to the last drop.

3) Put up some kind of scheme where all profit from Apple Media is channeled to Apple Computer.

4) Put the Woz in charge of Apple Computers, hire all CS graduates with a good idea and a grand scheme and let the company bleed bleed bleed.

5) YEHAA.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Maybe they would put someone in charge of the education sector that would upgrade their edu service from "absolutely horrific" to "barely tolerable".
  • Reply 12 of 34
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Let us here at AI manage it.

We ALWAYS know what's best

• Reply 13 of 34
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

2 words:

Feeding tube.

Steve ain't going anywhere.

unless his wife gets pissed and moves to Fla...
  • Reply 14 of 34
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Let us here at AI manage it.

We ALWAYS know what's best

Finally, I'd get my coffee-making Mac OS XXX 30.9.2 (Kzinti) G9 PDA/Projector with vibrating backscratcher attachment I've always wanted.
  • Reply 15 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Finally, I'd get my coffee-making Mac OS XX 30.9.2 (Kzinti) G9 PDA/Projector with vibrating backscratcher attachment I've always wanted.

Running on X86.
  • Reply 16 of 34
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Steve's brain will be the basis of OS 11

He will have all of his experiences downloaded into an xserve rack.

to soon debut iSteve...

• Reply 17 of 34
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Steve's brain will be the basis of OS 11

He will have all of his experiences downloaded into an xserve rack.

F8 will become the acid trip button.
  • Reply 18 of 34
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    For interested stockholders and mac enthusiates,where are the iLeader monitoring sites? I very rarely see photos of SJ between his Steve Notes. His first outing after surgery he appeared at a MiniStore opening. A photo showed him wearing a belt with jeans indicating wait loss. With all the commentary about costs to fly the iJet,where are photos and tracking of flights? Recently I read he attended a party in NYC but no photos. His public appearances and travels could provide useful assurances about his well being? Apple without SJ's vision thing will be ...?
  • Reply 19 of 34
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Shouldn't then thread be renamed to WHEN Steve Jobs Dies?

We all will some day in some way...

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 34
    SJ will be rendered into the iSJ...a translucent body...his funeral casket will be the iCasket with firewire support..incase his family wants cremation.