Don't talk to me.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

No, I'm saying you should have put Radio Shack's nuts to the fire when a manager cussed you out.

The first thing I would have done upon returning home was hop on the web and do some employment law research and write some letters to be hand delivered to the offending manager and mailed to the district/regional/national management.

my posts here just scratch the surface, and you are not the first to tell me that I may have had a case and a half, but well, I was innocent, ignorant and intimidated, and I am not the suing type, so I just quit...on Christmas eve, and CC?d my letter to district management, peppered with words like harassment and abuse, this got no response and I found a new job on the 27th so I just sort of forgot about it and learned from the experience...if working for a scumbag and not suing him is my only mistake as a teenager, I think I am pretty lucky.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm not lecturing you, just saying.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

I'm not lecturing you, just saying.

I actualy do sort of regret not suing, I just wonder what would have come of it? $$ for me or my good name dragged through the mud by an international corperation...
  • Reply 24 of 40
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Man, I went to bestbuy last month to buy a new tv and was totally happy because the sales guy was quick, wasn't an uber tool and I was able to make my purchase and be out the door in under twenty minutes. Of course when I got home I realized the guy gave me the wrong tv. He didn't overcharge me or anything, but it was too much of a pain to bring back a large tv.

My biggest problem with retailers usually involves bags. I'm not a serious enviro guy or anything, but I refuse to take a bag if I don't really need it. Some people can just not comprehend this.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    I'm the same way with bags. I'll say "No thanks, I don't need a bag" and you get the "do you have a mental disease?" look.

"Thanks for that giant bag, Mr. Worker, now I'll feel very secure carrying this Nintendo DS game case that's the size of a couple decks of cards."

Only crunchy granola stores like Whole Foods or Central Market actually seem to like it when i say that. Except if I'm buying wine to serve with dinner. Gotta wrap that up; you don't want a kid seeing a bottle of wine, he might turn into a mass-murdering sodomite on the spot.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    I totally agree with the bag thing. I do it for both convenience and the environment, but the till-people just don't seem to understand my logic. I park up in town buy a magazine and walk back to my car, what the hell do I need a carrier bag for? Oh yeah, to advertise your well-known store.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

I'm the same way with bags. I'll say "No thanks, I don't need a bag" and you get the "do you have a mental disease?" look.

"Thanks for that giant bag, Mr. Worker, now I'll feel very secure carrying this Nintendo DS game case that's the size of a couple decks of cards."

Only crunchy granola stores like Whole Foods or Central Market actually seem to like it when i say that. Except if I'm buying wine to serve with dinner. Gotta wrap that up; you don't want a kid seeing a bottle of wine, he might turn into a mass-murdering sodomite on the spot.

I love Central Market and Whole Foods.

Those are some of the most progressive retailers known to man.

Fellows
  • Reply 28 of 40
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

I also agree with the bag thing, but has anyone ever noticed the number and size of recipts these days? Blockbuster is the worst. Every time my wife and I go rent a movie they hand me no less than 3 recipts. Why? cant they consolidate these? Whats worse is there recipts are a foot long apiece. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Reply 29 of 40
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

I also agree with the bag thing, but has anyone ever noticed the number and size of recipts these days? Blockbuster is the worst. Every time my wife and I go rent a movie they hand me no less than 3 recipts. Why? cant they consolidate these? Whats worse is there recipts are a foot long apiece. Has anyone else noticed this?

CompUSA/BesBuy give you foot-long receipts too. Bastards.
  • Reply 30 of 40
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    I used to work retail management. It was shitty work. We had some crappy people in our store, but my hands were tied, my boss would not let me fire them. If someone quit and put us down as a reference elsewhere, we could not give an sort of qualitative answer (good or bad) for fear of a law suit. If I had a crappy customer (no, in my book the customer is not always right), and I put them out of the store it was my ass that got lashed, with no way of getting my side presented. Our jobs were dependent on the percentage of discount membership cards sold. So, if you had a person with 4 sales and 1 membership, they were safe. Whereas, someone with 1000 sales and 50 memberships was not. Corporate retail pretty much sucks across the board. The people that inhabit it are mixed bag like all people, some are cool and others just suck. Guess what, they suck outside the workplace also. However, none of this is an excuse for poor behavior towards a customer, but if a customer is a jackass they deserve to treated as such.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I love it when they ask me for my phone number and I turn around and ask them if I can have theirs first. 9 times out of 10 they instinctively say "No!" and I say well, there's your answer. Then they just give me some kinda deer in the headlights look, then it finally dawns on them that maybe asking for a phone number isn't the best idea. They still ask, and I give them "555-1212". If they don't like it, tough.

I also give my ZIP as 12345 if they ask for that too.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    I always make up phone numbers that sound right.

You can know my ZIP, I don't care.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    Quote:

I just hate the fact that some snot-nosed register jockey feels like they can prod me for personal info. Bugs the crap outa me. Yea, my ZIP is no big deal (heck for most larger purchases I'm using my debit card, not like there isn't any personal info tied to that number!) I just hate the fact that all these people just feel entitled to this info and they're gonna hold up my ability to pay and leave the store until they feel satisfied (I had a cashier refuse my 12345 ZIP and wouldn't ring me up until I gave her my 'real' ZIP code ).
  • Reply 34 of 40
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I don't mind giving a zip code. From what I understand, they ask for a zip code to find out where their customers come from. If there's a massive amount of customers from far away, corporate would consider building a store there.

Hence, the more your zip code is used, the more likely it is to get a new or relocated store near you.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I don't mind giving a zip code. From what I understand, they ask for a zip code to find out where their customers come from. If there's a massive amount of customers from far away, corporate would consider building a store there.

Hence, the more your zip code is used, the more likely it is to get a new or relocated store near you.

Just what I want, another googol-plex even closer to my home. Actually, I live about 15 minutes away from the nearest googol-plex so I don't think they could get any closer.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

I just give them the number to United Airlines at LAX.

UH, ER, at least I will from now on. Those Bastards.
  • Reply 37 of 40
    Mumble, laugh loudly for no obvious reason and flail your arms wildy over your head when you approach the checkout. Noone will talk you. Especially if you are buying condoms.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac on a Mac

Mumble, laugh loudly for no obvious reason and flail your arms wildy over your head when you approach the checkout. Noone will talk you. Especially if you are buying condoms.

The "buying condoms" part works particularly well at Best Buy.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

The "buying condoms" part works particularly well at Best Buy.

Hee hee, "Can I get a price check? *mumbles to self* I didn't know we sold these?!?"