• Reply 21 of 33
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    It will be $129, across the board.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

iTunes + Music + U2 = Makes sense

A golfer called "Tiger" + an Operating System = uhhh...

U2 + iTunes Music Store = Makes sense

iPod endorsement + Vertigo + general Bono, Edge, Jobs Buddy Buddy stuff = Milking it.

I have a feeling Apple bought themselves some new friends with a fairly large sum of money to a AIDS fund or something like that. At least I hope so.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Natarix

Hi Can any one tell me if OS X Tiger is going to Be Free for OS X Panter Users no one seams to know it should be if its the update of OSX Panter Thanks

Every .x release carries the retail price of $129US.

Every .x.y release is free to their specific .x release through Software Update.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

god I hope Tigver Woods doesnt endorse OSX Tiger..

that would be the epitome of lameness... only Microsoft is allowed to do such dorky crap.

Maybe Apple can swing tony the tiger...OS X, IT'S GRRRRRRREAT!!!!
  • Reply 25 of 33
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    As a sidenote on pricing:

Typically

$129 retail

$69 education

Also, online retailers will likely be offering mail in rebates either prior to or after Tiger's release - often to get it to the $99 level or below. So, for example Amazon has it for preorder at $95 after mail-in-rebate.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    fitzy55fitzy55 Posts: 22member
    Who thinks that tiger will be announced Tuesday?

And who thinks the updates to the imac will be announced Tuesday?

I'm hopping they will?

I want to get a 20 inch Imac

• Reply 27 of 33
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fitzy55

Who thinks that tiger will be announced Tuesday?

And who thinks the updates to the imac will be announced Tuesday?

I'm hopping they will?

I want to get a 20 inch Imac

We can just keep hoping. I waited several weeks waiting for the new Powerbooks, and they finally arrived. Tiger and new iMacs will come, but we have to find a way to be patient.

I wake-up each morning and immediately check Apple.com (ok, I don't immediately check, but within the hour).
  • Reply 28 of 33
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    I just want to see something new on apple.com front page for a change !

Maybe all the .eu stores were doing the "getting ready" thing while they were down (so I read in another thread)..
  • Reply 29 of 33
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    As much as I want Apple to announce Tiger tomorrow, I'm starting to think they'll announce it at NAB with immediate availability.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    CONFIRMED: APPLE-BRANDED UNIVERSAL REMOTE WITH IPOD WHEEL THINGY!
  • Reply 31 of 33
    fitzy55fitzy55 Posts: 22member
    I think they will announce it some time this week and release it on the 15th. Because the 15th is the Friday just before NAB starts, which will run from the 16th to the 21st. They are also need core imaging to show of the new version of final cut pro. Also what the point of buying new software (final Cut pro .ect) If you can not take advantage of the new features. And what better place to sell and show of these new features to the users than NAB.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Either the MacUser article was a joke or the product was Adobe Creative SUite because the 5th has arrived! I'm going to go downstairs to pick up my copy now.