APR 5 - The day?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I think the day is coming.

http://www.macuser.co.uk/

Friday 1st April 2005

STOP PRESS - The next issue of MacUser 10:09AM

Exciting times are ahead. Big things are about to happen in the world of computing, and MacUser wants to be the first to bring you the news.

So, to make sure you get the full low-down on the biggest product launch of the year so far, we'll be holding back publication of our next issue - originally due out on 1 April - by four days.

So don't forget to check in your newsagent on Tuesday 5 April - or watch for your subscriber copy drop through your door. We're sure you'll agree it will have been worth the wait!

We will see.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by kormac77

I think the day is coming.

http://www.macuser.co.uk/

Friday 1st April 2005

STOP PRESS - The next issue of MacUser 10:09AM

Exciting times are ahead. Big things are about to happen in the world of computing, and MacUser wants to be the first to bring you the news.

So, to make sure you get the full low-down on the biggest product launch of the year so far, we'll be holding back publication of our next issue - originally due out on 1 April - by four days.

So don't forget to check in your newsagent on Tuesday 5 April - or watch for your subscriber copy drop through your door. We're sure you'll agree it will have been worth the wait!

We will see.

So is this the new cover? Product or speculation?

• Reply 2 of 67
    kormac77kormac77 Posts: 197member
    The picture is a remote control for i*******.
  • Reply 3 of 67
    Quote:

...Flying space monkeys ?!?

Well, I'd just like to know if this is the cover from the current issue, or from the issus coming on tomorrow.
  • Reply 4 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by PrettyBoyClone

So is this the new cover? Product or speculation?

Where did you didg that one up?

Personally I say the 18th... Since Apple is holding staff meetings in all its stores the 17th, according to Macrumors..
  • Reply 5 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Where did you didg that one up?

Personally I say the 18th... Since Apple is holding staff meetings in all its stores the 17th, according to Macrumors..

On MacUser.co.uk ..scroll down on the frontpage, or click on "latest issue". You may have to log in, but bugmenot.com can help
  • Reply 6 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by PrettyBoyClone

On MacUser.co.uk ..scroll down on the frontpage, or click on "latest issue". You may have to log in, but bugmenot.com can help

Ah, fair and square.
  • Reply 7 of 67
    Quote:

iPod Shuffle ?!?

So it seems this is just a lot of nothing. ..Why would MacUser in the UK have the scoop if it was something big?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...150#post760150

I'll just relax and wait for Tiger to arrive on my PowerBook, and should any new Apple devices show up in the meantime, I'll clap my little hands together.

So Kormac, don't you have some real dirt for us?
  • Reply 8 of 67
    jammjamm Posts: 37member
    Since I subscribe, my copy came through the door yesterday morning. They have a full review of Adobe Creative Suite 2. Sorry, no big 10.4 announcements! However, for all you Illustrator users, they have re-introduced the autotrace tool (as it is *much* improved).
  • Reply 9 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by jamm

Since I subscribe, my copy came through the door yesterday morning. They have a full review of Adobe Creative Suite 2. Sorry, no big 10.4 announcements! However, for all you Illustrator users, they have re-introduced the autotrace tool (as it is *much* improved).

So what's the story about the thingy on the cover? Anyway, come to think of it, it seems too bulky for an Apple device.

I'm still wondering how CS2 can translate into "Big things are about to happen in the world of computing", but then again you people have The Daily Sport, which isn't daily, and isn't really about sport
  • Reply 10 of 67
    jammjamm Posts: 37member
    That cover image is from the last issue. And what do you mean by the "Daily Sport isn't about sport"?
  • Reply 11 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by jamm

That cover image is from the last issue. And what do you mean by the "Daily Sport isn't about sport"?

Let me retract that. It's about sport as I prefer it
  • Reply 12 of 67
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    uh...doesnt that 'remote' look like a last generation ipod (with the 4 buttons in a row) and a new ipod wheel with some monstrosity pinned on the end?

looks like a fake but who knows...
  • Reply 13 of 67
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Kormac got one right - April 5 is, indeed, coming. Some experts expect it to come within the next 24 hours.
  • Reply 14 of 67
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Kormac got one right - April 5 is, indeed, coming. Some experts expect it to come within the next 24 hours.

• Reply 15 of 67
    Quote:

• Reply 16 of 67
    merlionmerlion Posts: 143member
    Once again K-man thanks for the insider info.

Please stop feeding Think Secret and only post here.

Thanks.

• Reply 17 of 67
    Quote:

I wish there was a smiley for a standing ovation.
  • Reply 18 of 67
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

FINALLY one of his predictions come true, though I might add the odds on the coming of tomorrow went slightly down at some London bookmakers in the minutes after Kormacs starting this thread.
  • Reply 19 of 67
    telekontelekon Posts: 54member
    BTW - the UK store is down.. back within the hour, etc.. in fact ALL EUROPEAN stores are down.. for nothing special. Oh well.
  • Reply 20 of 67
    imiloaimiloa Posts: 187member
    and funny that april 5th is a tuesday, too...