Tiger coming a day early a possability?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by melevittfl

I was sent an e-mail by Apple UK stating:

Pre-order Tiger today

\tAnd receive it on April 29th along with an invitation to our exclusive online seminar. Get free shipping too.

Only £89 inc VAT

However, when I ordered it, I was told it may arrive on the 29th or ship on the 29th. The salesman wasn't sure.

I'm having it delivered to work. I suppose if it doesn't arrive by the end of the day, I could go to the Apple store and return the first one for a refund.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

I just phone Apple and she said it was to be shipped Friday! She was definitely sure of that. She even went on to mention that Monday is a bank holiday and such, probably wouldn't get here until Tuesday... I might cancel my order and get up to London, or maybe Birmingham.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I doubt a retail store will sell you Tiger before the official release date. But you never know.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    daniel,

I don't think you should have trusted the CSR. You should have put more faith in Apple's "delivery by" advertisements. She was just looking at the information on her screen.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

daniel,

I don't think you should have trusted the CSR. You should have put more faith in Apple's "delivery by" advertisements. She was just looking at the information on her screen.

I'm still in the thinking that it will come by Friday as per all the emails, adverts etc. Still I'm wondering whether going to one of the Store launch parties might be quite cool. Are these any good to go to? What are people's experiences?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I'm still in the thinking that it will come by Friday as per all the emails, adverts etc. Still I'm wondering whether going to one of the Store launch parties might be quite cool. Are these any good to go to? What are people's experiences?

Past experience with pre announced software like this has been for me ot arrives the day or once a day before the release day.

So I think anyone who orders by this weekend will probebly receive friday 29th. Of course this experience is restricted to U.S.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

Well, I visited the UK site today, and I see that it says shipping by April 29, unlike the U.S. site that says delivery by April 29.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    My order "Status" has changed from "Open" to "Processing Order"

It has begun.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

My order "Status" has changed from "Open" to "Processing Order"

It has begun.

the cool gut,

It appears Apple has changed the term, for some of its order status updates. "Processing Order" is the new term for "open."
  • Reply 29 of 29
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    GOD DAMNIT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TELL ME THAT --- I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!

Ahhhhhhh, ignorance is bliss - it was anyway.