My 15" Ti Powerbook dream machine...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    This is Current Hardware. If you want to talk about posting guidelines, we have a Suggestions forum.

If you want to discuss pirating software, keep it off the boards.

Make that the final post on the matter please, or I'll lock the thread.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Hey, Murbot, che passa?

Anyway, according to a law we all know and love, publishing the where's and how's of piracy could be seen as illegal, hence the sign up agreement thingy actually covers it.

O-mac, PM me.

Murbot, don't lock me, I talk PB's now, promise. The Ti is the outgoing machine, just a matter of time, you migh want to wait a bit and see if you can track down a deal on an outgoing Ti, then load her up with RAM and airport. You might even consider an 867, it's pretty close to the Ghz Ti though it doesn't have the 64MB video or the Supadrive, but 1X burning really is painfully slow, you might be better off with a combo untill mobile supadrives get to at least 4X. Someone will hack iDVD, just wait a bit.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    > do NOT buy your ram from apple

What RAM do you recomment?
  • Reply 24 of 24
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Crucial makes the best RAM. They usually cost less than Apple, although they still cost more than most places, i.e. something that's $200 from Apple will cost $150 from Crucial and $100 from another place. But Crucial is the best, so if you want the best, spend the money.

If you want cheaper but still good, get Kingston. Avoid bargain RAM as it's more prone to failure and less likely to work just right. Kingston is usually pretty low in price AND it's pretty high quality.

Your mouse is your choice. If you love the Apple Pro, get it. I don't think it's worth $60, though. A $60 mouse these days usually includes more than zero buttons . The Logitech MX700, for example, has plenty of buttons, a scroll wheel, and it's wireless with a combined charger/receiver station. The one thing the Pro Mouse has going for it, other than style, is the short cord. When you're on the road with a laptop it's nice to have a mouse with a short cord, although it does restrict use if you're using it on a computer that doesn't have USB ports close by (probably not an issue for a Mac). I'd suggest picking up a used one, for $30 or so. I mean, think about it... NewEgg.com has USB optical Logitech mice for $13 + shipping. You could just get one of those... it would work fine, although it would look cheap. But if you wanna spend $60 for a one button mouse that was designed three years ago and hasn't gone down in price since... go ahead.