New Zealand invited to this week's iTunes party?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
There appears to be overwhelming evidence that New Zealand will likely be included in this week's expected expansion of Apple's iTunes music download service. Specifically, AppleInsider has learned that Apple has created a store-front for the country, which is currently accessible internally.

Tipsters also noted that the Australian Performing Rights AssociationÂ*looks after royalties for both Australia and New Zealand and that the same international agencies administer copyright licensing for both countries. New iTunes music stores are also expected for Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, Norwary, and Denmark.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

Tipsters also noted that the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority_looks after royalties for both Australia and New Zealand and that the same international agencies administer copyright licensing for both countries. New iTunes music stores are also expected for Australia, Switzerland, Sweden, Norwary, and Denmark.
    [ View this article at AppleInsider.com ]

Wrong! APRA is the Australasian Performing Right Association. They handle original music and lyrics. The APRA you refer to regulates banks, insurace companies, super funds etc. Don't tell me someone googled APRA and just assumed it was the first entry returned. Tut, tut.

The other collection agencies for royalties in Australia are AMCOS (Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners' Society) they handle covers, sheet music, licensing to schools and so on, and the PPCA (Phonographic Performance Company of Australia) who license public performances including broadcasts, music in shops and so on. Oh and there's ARIA who, in conjunction with AMCOS, license the reproduction and recording of music onto the soundtrack of videos.

I got 98% for my copyright test so I must be right.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    'Norwary'?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    the_omthe_om Posts: 1member
    lol... Australian Prudental Regulatory Agency, that made me laugh.

Crazychester is spot on. check out www.apra.com.au for the correct name
  • Reply 4 of 4
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

'Norwary'?

Well, you know, you can't be too careful when it comes to those Scandinavian countries. I'd be Norwary too.