I take back what i said about episode 3

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

....The only character that deserves to be redone with CGI is young Anakin in Episode I. A week-old roadkill opossum would be preferable. Or maybe ILM can perfect THX Surround Pencil in Ear technology for the next DVD re-gifted set to along with digitally enhanced irritable child noises.

totally... it was like, mum can i race in the podrace please??? please mummy please??? felt like smacking the sh1t out of that little turd at that point.

one of the top candidates for worse scene ever! in episode 1
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bart Smastard

Yes ILM have moved to new home at the old Presidio Hospital site. I just read about in Wired the other day.

Here's the link

took them a few years... i was in san francisco 2000-2002, used to play tennis with a *ahem* let's call her a *friend*... at the old tennis courts there... about 2001-2002 they started demolishing the old hospital

basically, that new ILM site is pretty much the same location/concept as what you see "starfleet headquarters" in any star trek movies/tv shows that show it... weird huh?

sydneysiders you have been warned about Lucas!!!
  • Reply 23 of 29
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Aren't they archiving the internet in the Presidio? This moove makes sense, then, with so many pages dedicated to SW shit.

--B
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Aren't they archiving the internet in the Presidio? This moove makes sense, then, with so many pages dedicated to SW shit.

--B

the san francisco bay area must be one of the most intensely "wired" locales on the planet... think Google, LucasData, Oracle, Apple, etc etc just at the tip of the iceberg... the amount of data and cabling and high-speed digital sh1t flying around both through electrons and electromagnetic waves is astounding...

i will have to bring up at this point the subject of earthquakes...

however from what i understand any corporate-level data center worth it's salt that's located in the bay area can pretty much withstand anything up to and probably including a nuclear blast...

not to mention government sh1t at los alamos which is east of the east sf bay IIRC??

and to think that there is still a lot of greenery and parks and reserves scattered throughout the bay area, including that stuff west of highway 280 between sf and san jose, again IIRC... f8cking phenomenal place. a utopia as big as you can imagine, and a hive of fallen angels as scary as you can dream. ..
  • Reply 25 of 29
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Sunny--don't forget Lawrence Livermore. Speaking of nuclear blasts...

Oh, and you also forgot Netscape...

--B
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Sunny--don't forget Lawrence Livermore. Speaking of nuclear blasts...

Oh, and you also forgot Netscape...

--B

• Reply 27 of 29
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Don't just say it... wear it.

That is the baddest ass t-shirt ever.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

That is the baddest ass t-shirt ever.

totally...

i was just thinking, what moral dilemma?

1. wouldn't YOU shoot first when dealing with some weird green alien called GREEDo ? GREEDo for chrissakes. anyone mention the word Jabba the Hut within 100 metres of you, in one of those "hive of villany" IIRC places that obiwan referred to, you definitely shoot first and ask questions later

2. he is NOT a jedi

3. HAN SOLO IS NOT a jedi

4. the fact that he starts of a mercenary, a rogue, but turns into a hero for a rebellion, the "rebel" that believes in no one but himself ending up finding a cause and falling in love, Lucas, that's called character development... remember that? as in characters evolve, my friend...

5. han shooting first flows very well in the original trilogy to lukes "i believe there is good in everyone"... luke and leia are skeptical of him at first but in the end voila he is a major player in the rebellion's victory

....*sigh* amazing what just one t-shirt says. i gotta find me one of those...
  • Reply 29 of 29
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    If you click the shirt in my original post, the linked site doesn't actually sell that version, but they do have an alternative with similar text and Han's gun.

Google will point you to sites to buy each version.