Office v. X for Mac-Academic

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by tuxbook731:

<strong>Do you guys who ordered from <a href="http://www.academicsuperstore.com"; target="_blank">www.academicsuperstore.com</a> know if your copy is shipping yet, or have a firm date for shipping.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I finally got my copy of Office v.X from Academic Superstore on Friday, December 7, five days after I had already downloaded it off a Carracho server. At least now I'm legal.

[quote]Originally posted by jra55:

<strong>I got tired of waiting as well, and I visited Carracho...and it's "ironic" sitting in school paying homage to intellectual property case law with this "hot" product.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It sure is ironic. I'm registered for copyright law for the spring. Stuck with securities and banking, which interests me more, for this semester.

Now that I have my legal copy of Office v.X, I have just one problem. How do I get rid of the old "borrowed" serial number and replace it with the one I actually paid for?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Escher
  • Reply 22 of 26
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by Escher:

<strong>

It sure

Now that I have my legal copy of Office v.X, I have just one problem. How do I get rid of the old "borrowed" serial number and replace it with the one I actually paid for?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Escher</strong><hr></blockquote>

You have to trash the files called "Office Registration Cache" and "Carbon Registration Database" under your user/library/preference/Microsoft

After trashing that files you will be asked to enter your serial number again....
  • Reply 23 of 26
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

You have to trash the files called "Office Registration Cache" and "Carbon Registration Database" under your user/library/preference/Microsoft

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, Leonis. I actually ended up using the uninstaller and reinstalling the whole suite. Wish I had checked this thread again sooner.

Escher
  • Reply 24 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by jra55:

<strong>I got tired of waiting as well, and I visited Carracho...and it's "ironic" sitting in school paying homage to intellectual property case law with this "hot" product...and it's even better with the Dean and a Professor on MS's payroll...and one professor responsible for mediating that settlement...it's quite clear of BUSL's pro-MS stance. The final nail: when students come to BUSL they're advised not to buy Mac's, and they have locked all Mac users out of the wireless network.

Now, I will buy the software when it's actually available (of course) but with my law school going out of it's way to aid and abet a monopoly....I don't know, maybe mac users should avoid BUSL.

-Jennings</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is the same situation as at Yale Law School. I believe their web site said something like "If you use a mac, be prepared to work by yourself" or something like that.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    [quote]Originally posted by sjpsu:

<strong>

This is the same situation as at Yale Law School. I believe their web site said something like "If you use a mac, be prepared to work by yourself" or something like that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Here is the actually quote from Yale's law school web site:

I have an Apple Computer can I use it?

The Law School IT department does not support Apple computers. If you bring an Apple computer you should be prepared to work independent of the Law School computer facilities and support.

Sad, huh?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by Phrogman:

<strong>

Here is the actually quote from Yale's law school web site:

I have an Apple Computer can I use it?

The Law School IT department does not support Apple computers. If you bring an Apple computer you should be prepared to work independent of the Law School computer facilities and support.

Sad, huh?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I´ll support you: Get X and plug in the ethernet cable and of you go. Why should they hire someone to tell that?