American Idol - woe is me.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Have you, by any chance, heard of Sigur Rós, and in particular, of Jónsi, the singer? Now that is a guy that can hit notes that other men just can't.

Check them out here, if you wish.

Their second album is pure genius. The videos are as surreal and haunting as the music.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    More 18-25yo vote for trendy music singers then vote in elections.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    rufusswanrufusswan Posts: 132member
    If you guys can admit that u watch Idol, then so can I.

I been a musican for 45 years, and I think I have some sort of "ear" for budding muscians or singers. I started watching in year 1 'cause I heard a raw natural voice going by the name of Kelly Clarkson. It took me about 10 seconds to hear the talent.

Since then, only two others have had the "voice". Carrie this year has a goodly dollop of it, if she stays within the song styles that she understands. She needs training and experience, but she may do the same in the cross pop/country genre that Kelly has done in the pop/rock genre. Carrie may not become a Shania Twain, but she should do OK and make tons of bucks for Clive and Simon.

Vonzell was good but has limited vocal range/ability. However, I would date her even if she never sang a note. Sizzle Sizzle

The guys this year were a dime-a-dozen Holiday Inn lounge singers. (Meaning no direspect to HI) The only exception to this was Bo's acapella thing. That was good.

The only other voice was a tall, black, totally beatiful woman that dumped the show early this year. Apparently due to family obligations...... I'm sorry I cannot remember her name. I haven't heard a vocal quality like since Dusty Springfield or Eartha Kitt. (am I dating myself?)

Paz
  • Reply 24 of 29
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    That accapella thing was a lame stunt . . . everyone is gaga about it, and yet it had the simple problem of not sounding good!!

Despite the fact that it was wearng billboards saying -"look at how DARING and courageous this is that I'm doing here!!!" it still sounded weak to me.

I kinda think that is important when you're trying to impress people in a mainstream sort-of way . . . no?!?!