Mac OS X 10.4.2 to enhance Dashboard functionality

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

uh... yeah MacCrazy, what Joe said

effectively somehow Tiger handles the wireless signal much better. again, my teknikal knowlehg not so goodd

but i suspect that maybe somehow Tiger 'assigns' more battery power to the airport extreme card. battery drains fast when airport is on, but not too bad when airport is off

anyway when connected to the AC (most of the time) i am mui mui impressado with the iBook wireless experience with tiger

I think mine's worse but then I am another floor up and the other side of my house. When I move back to my normal position I can see if my PowerBook continues to cut-out!
  • Reply 42 of 53
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

six-dozen?

Who the hell speaks like a Sumerian anymore!

LOL... thats great... Are u French (or canadian)? .... only the French language is retarded enough to say "sixty ten" to say 70 "four twenty" to say 80 and finally "four twenty ten" to say 90.

Yeah, 'cause english doesn't have any awkward moments at all, does it?

At least in French "wine" actually means something besides "hard grape juice in a box."
  • Reply 43 of 53
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

wine |w??n| noun an alcoholic drink made from fermented grape juice. ? [with adj. ] an alcoholic drink made from the fermented juice of specified other fruits or plants : a glass of dandelion wine. ? short for wine red . verb [ trans. ] ( wine and dine someone) entertain someone by offering them drinks or a meal : members of Congress have been lavishly wined and dined by lobbyists for years. ? [ intrans. ] (of a person) take part in such entertainment : we wined and dined with Eddie's and Bernie's friends. PHRASES good wine needs no bush proverb there's no need to advertise or boast about something of good quality as people will always discover its merits. [ORIGIN: a bush was an innkeeper's sign, originally depicting a bunch of ivy used (in place of grape leaves) to show that the establishment sold wine.]DERIVATIVES winey (also winy) adjective ORIGIN Old English w?n, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch wijn, German Wein, based on Latin vinum.

• Reply 44 of 53
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

.....At least in French "wine" actually means something besides "hard grape juice in a box."....

well, in Australian fermented grape juice in a box is called "goon"

well, at least in certain parts of Australia...

the aussies on this thread can confirm this...

in uni (college) we used to play "goon of fortune" (as in wheel of fortune, but the drunk version)

you take the box of wine (cask wine), pull out the wine part of it (it's contained in like a aluminium foil 'bladder' of some sort... hook it up to one of those clothes-drying thing that spins... everyone stands around in a circle, someone spins the goon of fortune, where it stops, you drink. repeat ad nauseum. (pun intended)

ahh.....
  • Reply 45 of 53
    dojobidojobi Posts: 73member
    yep, I'll confirm that.

I've played goon of fortune many a time. It's quite good fun, until the clothesline lands on you 5 times in a row

Whereabouts are you from sunilraman?
  • Reply 46 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by dojobi

yep, I'll confirm that.

I've played goon of fortune many a time. It's quite good fun, until the clothesline lands on you 5 times in a row

Whereabouts are you from sunilraman?

goon..! of...! fortuuunneeeee...!! yeaha

i was born in kuala lumpur, did uni in brisbane and melbourne, worked in san francisco then sydney then now "back" in KL for a while
  • Reply 47 of 53
    dojobidojobi Posts: 73member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

goon..! of...! fortuuunneeeee...!! yeaha

haha, I feel like playing it now
  • Reply 48 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by noirdesir

Actually they say almost exclusively quatre-vingt en Suisse, mais ils ne disent pas - au moins la majorité des Suisses - soixante-dix et quatre-vingt-dix.

Actually, like (almost) everything in Switzerland, this is different from canton to canton*. In Geneva quatre-vingt is used, however in Fribourg (which has no common border with France) but also in Vaud and Valais, they prefer huitante. (And there are areas where 'octante' is used).

Andreas

* To the few non-Swiss who may be reading AI

A canton typically has about the size of an average city suburb elsewhere in the world - and maybe a tenth of its population. Every canton is however a largely independent political entity with an own constitution.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    Anyone know if Quartz 2D is turned on or not?

I'm assuming not since no one is reporting so.

But can anyone confirm this one way or another?
  • Reply 50 of 53
    spaztikspaztik Posts: 30member
    Quartz 2D is never going to be turned on. Give up on it already!
  • Reply 51 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spaztik

Quartz 2D is never going to be turned on. Give up on it already!

heh.

...just turn it on yourself
  • Reply 52 of 53
    retiariusretiarius Posts: 142member
    from a marketing perspective, it might make more

sense to turn it on for x86-only, both to make ye olde powerpc

look bad, and to make up for inferior vector processing on intel.

are most embarrassingly parallel ops in apple apps rewired

for GPUs yet?
  • Reply 53 of 53
    will 10.4.2 stop one from cluttering up dashboard with useless (but hella entertaining) crap? see my example below:

(care bears, transformers, mac thingy, engrish.com)