Apple CPU naming scheme

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    maybe something like this..

Picture a double page spread in the Economist or what have you...

sorry the books are pixled....but, well, NDA and all..
  • Reply 22 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

Also, as Steve pointed out he's concerned with performance per watt,

Performance per watt is all fine, and dandy in the Mini, iMac, iBook and PowerBook, and probably some unannounced products that were unfathomable with the PPC, and I'm sure SJ would like to get low watts, and higher performance than the current Xeons in the next workstations, but I think users are more concerned about performance, not performance per watt when it comes to a high-end desktop.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    9secondko9secondko Posts: 929member
    Hmmm...

Did not know this but-

Digitimes has revealed that Yonah, Intels forhtocming dual core mobile cpu is called the "X" series. Sounds interesting.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20050609A2006.html

Powerbook X50. That has a decent ring to it.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Apple will probably "dumb down" the Intel names, ostensibly to make them cooler sounding and easier to remember, but in reality to make them more difficult for shoppers to directly compare to Wintel boxes.

I don't care what Apple calls them, I just want Apple to offer the very best Intel has to offer. How pathetic will it be if Apple puts something other than the fastest desktop CPU into the Powermacs? Or if Apple outfits the Powerbooks with a midrange Pentium M and doesn't even offer the high end Pentium M in any laptop? I could totally see Apple doing this, since they always seem to be 8-16 months behind the Wintels on motherboard architecture, hard and optical drives, etc.