Here is What The First Mac/ is Going to Be...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The first Intel in the Mac will be the low cost box, Mac mini.

It will require a WiMacx connection via the Nikia / Intel alliance.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050610/finla...ntel.html?.v=8

"The cooperation means that engineers from the two companies will begin working together and that no money will be exchanged."

There will be two versions, one will connect to your HD TV and use it as a monitor. The second will include the iPod dock.

These MACchines could be free !!!

There will be large Intel server farms around the country that will serve TV and movies to your HD TV via WiMax, cable TV no cables. It will use iTunes and other Apple software for the interfaces.

The high end version will implement the dock for your iPod so you can use your TV service to load video and music onto your iPod to take with you.

The boot ROMs will require a WiMacx connection for the Mini to boot. This is why the ROMs on the Transition Macs are not final yet and Apple can't say anything about that !!!

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/...09230133.shtml

There probably will come later 3rd, 4th, and 5th models that would include a video card to optimize video output to your HD TV, and the standard high end video cards so that the Mac mini will become a game box.

Remember Apple talking to the video card makers recently about building custom cards for them.

AND this is what keeps PPC alive on the Mac side those old PPC MACchines will be the BEST Machines around to develop the client side of the game equation -- for PlayStation and such that is !!!

These MACchines will have a limited amount of RAM and HD space so if you want to run Windops on it, it compatible but GOOD LUCK.

Within the first two years there will be millions of new users so if you want your apps to be used on these MACchines you MUST write them for Mac OS X and you may need to break them up and make them small to run in a thin environment -- so MS Office maybe shut out as well !!!

OH and you probably won't have to worry about Intel in the naming of these MACchines, they will be called WiMacs -- AND THEY PROBABLY WILL HAVE A FEW STICKERS ON THEM !!!

Here is an interesting twist to think about.

Obviously Intel simply could NOT use Windows boxes for this of course because they have so many virus and spyware problems, a consumer box must be trouble free. Even MS knows this that is why they used PPC for the XBox. So Intel WooWed Apple knowing Mac OS X is bug free, but they must have it on Intel, the revenue and appearances.

What if it turns out that its something about the PPC that makes Macs virus and spy free !!!

Then Intel's new WiMax network will come crashing down and Intel will be pretty embarrassed -- and then PPC might just become the standard after all !!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    \
  • Reply 2 of 22
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    [note]posting while drunk makes people frightened[/note]
  • Reply 3 of 22
    macchinemacchine Posts: 295member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

[note]posting while drunk makes people frightened[/note]

Man, you guys just can't handle good ideas if they aren't your own, especially you junior members.

This would be the biggest thing Apple has ever shipped, they are usually more gradual although they makes things seem revolutionary.

But of course pre-announcing allows them to do more testing on the user.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MACchine

You Will Watch H.264 On Your WiPod!!!!!

• Reply 5 of 22
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    Quote:

Man, you guys just can't handle good ideas if they aren't your own, especially you junior members.

This would be the biggest thing Apple has ever shipped, they are usually more gradual although they makes things seem revolutionary.

i really would like to see wimax technologies push out to rural america, especially if it was led by apple...the country will be converted to apple from the fringes inwards
  • Reply 6 of 22
    It would be nice to convert these crazy people out here. I wouldn't feel so alone...
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

You Will Watch H.264 On Your WiPod!!!!!

HOW DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF ME !!!
  • Reply 8 of 22
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    I don't want to viddy or smot such a device my brother...

Me thinks you have been nuking the Drencrom a bit too much...
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Your name is HARDHEAD !!!

THIS PART IS NOT ADDRESSED TO THE HARDHEAD:

Now look ! I no how this works. I know a LOT of Apple employees would come to this site to vent and exchange ideas, off the record, and see what the common folk think about various ideas.

Now if somebody from the outside is able to figure out what THEY are up to, that would be insulting to their sensibilities their SNOB view of the world would be turned upside down.

Well, you better get used to it because I often do know what's going on, and I have ZERO inside information.

Anyway, there is no point in trying to trash me I have been trashed for years and for years I have predicted accurately what was coming next.

The more you trash me the longer my treads stay at the TOP, THANKYOU !!!

To any of you that may be reading this, I know you may very likely be one of those Apple employees, and you maybe one of Apple's BEST, that does NOT mean that you are as smart as me, I assure you it is very unlikely that you are as smart as me, I just know what is going on AND YOU DO NOT -- AND THAT IS THE WAY IT IS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE !!!

• Reply 10 of 22
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Goddamn this scourge of meth labs and destruction of our youth.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Goddamn this scourge of meth labs and destruction of our youth.

I don't use any kind of drug, only suppliments.

Obviously you know a LOT about drugs !!!
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Lol! This guy is pure comedy.

-Keep it coming-
  • Reply 13 of 22
    wormboywormboy Posts: 220member
    MACchine = Kormac
  • Reply 14 of 22
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

You said "smot"

MACchine has a good idea. Don't know about the free but I think he said they COULD be free. OK I doubt the free. Currently the MacMini could be an entertainment server, that is what I plan to use it for. I have been warned about using a HD screen to view internet content and e-mails, but I think that these things would scale. H.264 does open some doors in this area. I was playing around with handbrake and tried one to go from 7gig compressed to 4.4gg MPEG2 to 700MB = H.264, playback was spotty for my Cube which was going to be my entertainment server. Later I was reading that "they" referred to H.264 as great because it could compress 3.5 times better than MPEG 2 so my 7gig uncompressed file became 2gig and playback was flawless on my Cube. Currently I think it is possible to compress things too tight for good playback - aka. the software is ahead of the hardware, currently. Later take the 2 gig file and compress it to 1gig or 1.5gig, still a huge file to download. I think it would take something like the Cell to handle streaming H.264 at full compression or 700MB and that is still a huge file. 720p for those counting, forget 1080p for now for me.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Quote:

Weren't you a junior member, like two weeks ago, before you started posting crazy ass caps-fests every 5 minutes?
  • Reply 16 of 22
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    He's flinging stuff all over the map to see what sticks. WiMax is a wide-area protocol; most likely you will want to feed it into a router. It won't be free, but it will be (somewhat) cheaper than cable internet. You'll probably want at least a small antenna.

The Mac Mini is not some Borg-like megamachine. It is the absolute cheapest computer on the market. Its design is not quite to the Sinclair ZX81 level of cheapness, but close. And that's all it'll ever be: an entry-level Mac for people who don't want to spend much.

Oh, and Mac-chine, bragging that you're smarter than all the Apple employees is not the most effective way to win friends. Even if you predict every move Apple makes perfectly, you would show yourself no smarter than they are. Predicting is not smartness - creating is. So, tone down the conceit a little, please.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Wo, wo MACchine. Slow down lad. Don't take yourself so serious here while at the same time bragging about how smart you are. You'll get torn to shreds...

Anyway, your Mac-mini has some interesting features. Right right lil droogie...
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brendon

You said "smot"

MACchine has a good idea. Don't know about the free but I think he said they COULD be free. OK I doubt the free. Currently the MacMini could be an entertainment server, that is what I plan to use it for. I have been warned about using a HD screen to view internet content and e-mails, but I think that these things would scale. H.264 does open some doors in this area. I was playing around with handbrake and tried one to go from 7gig compressed to 4.4gg MPEG2 to 700MB = H.264, playback was spotty for my Cube which was going to be my entertainment server. Later I was reading that "they" referred to H.264 as great because it could compress 3.5 times better than MPEG 2 so my 7gig uncompressed file became 2gig and playback was flawless on my Cube. Currently I think it is possible to compress things too tight for good playback - aka. the software is ahead of the hardware, currently. Later take the 2 gig file and compress it to 1gig or 1.5gig, still a huge file to download. I think it would take something like the Cell to handle streaming H.264 at full compression or 700MB and that is still a huge file. 720p for those counting, forget 1080p for now for me.

The cost of the Entertainment Cube depends on Intel, since the chip is the most costly part, and in this case the WiMax connection would be the second most costly part.

This is NOT my idea though, this is Intel's and Apple's idea, I just perceived it from evidence on the web.

There have long been peripherals for TVs especial HD TVs that will optimize the video for display, but they have generally cost $2000 to $20,000.

I suppose a video board could now do this cheaply now but it might be done better by the server that compresses the content to H.264.

Anyway people get their Entertainment Cubes for free and then Apple makes money off of add ons or trade-ins to improve the video cards for gaming.

What do you get now for free with your dish television sign up, 1 dish, 1 local antenna, 4 tuners, 1 Tvo, that's about $1000 of equipment retail. And maybe 5 to $10 of that money comes from your monthly payments, but cost is wholesale so its maybe $200 to the dish company.

I think it is probably most like you get a Mac for free but have to go to Apple directly for little incidentals like a Hard-drive or RAM, so you can actually keep the videos that you watch longer then 1 viewing.

My guess is Intel will charge you 40 to $60 for TV and a fast broad band connection and you either get the Mac for free or 100 to $200.

Eventually it might be up to $120 to include TV, BD, WiMax Phone, and home telephone, all unlimited.

But I doubt they will be able to deliver all that to start with Nokia said their devices would start to come out in 2008.

To start with we get pay-for-view from Apple.

Oh, I have long read that the Mini included circuitry to include an iPod dock, that the case was the only thing that did not support it.

And remember from SJ's keynote at WWWDC he said that he liked Intel's DRM because it allowed you to down load the H.264 video and then you could move it around to other devices in your home, it other-words it was less restrictive than other schemes.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

He's flinging stuff all over the map to see what sticks. WiMax is a wide-area protocol; most likely you will want to feed it into a router. It won't be free, but it will be (somewhat) cheaper than cable internet. You'll probably want at least a small antenna.

The Mac Mini is not some Borg-like megamachine. It is the absolute cheapest computer on the market. Its design is not quite to the Sinclair ZX81 level of cheapness, but close. And that's all it'll ever be: an entry-level Mac for people who don't want to spend much.

Oh, and Mac-chine, bragging that you're smarter than all the Apple employees is not the most effective way to win friends. Even if you predict every move Apple makes perfectly, you would show yourself no smarter than they are. Predicting is not smartness - creating is. So, tone down the conceit a little, please.

I didn't say the WiMax would be free, I said the box to use it would be free.

Like I said many have observed the internals of the mini were built to support and iPod dock.

Decoding H.264 from a hardware standpoint is child's play, from a software algorithm standpoint its brain surgery, if you've got the algorithm you don't need much hardware.

Who said I want to win friends, I have much better things to do !!!

NO, NO, your logic is weak, I would show myself no smarter then their collective intelligence, which would mean that collectively they are no smarter then one person, which would defy modern logic.

Actually modern logic is just pathetic dogma, its LIBERAL BULL for the most part.

In science being able to make predictions is EVERYTHING, it is the standard that defines wether a hypothesis is correct or not and wether it has practical applications, it is the essence of CREATION !!!
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Haha the hot air balloon is hitting the stratosphere!