Is Apple Spying on YOU...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If some strange coincidences have happened to you that make you think Apple MIGHT be spying on you...

... please be counted here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    umm has something happened to you?

i did call them once for a question and they immediately knew my name from my phone number.. i think theres more to it than caller ID
  • Reply 2 of 21
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Uh, yeah. You register your computer/software, then Caller ID hooks into that. Nothing magic or malicious.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by MACchine

If some strange coincidences have happened to you that make you think Apple MIGHT be spying on you...

No. It's only you. They've detected an inordinate number of threads started by you on AI and you are now on the Apple Shitlist. Watch out!

• Reply 4 of 21
    macchinemacchine Posts: 295member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ferali

umm has something happened to you?

i did call them once for a question and they immediately knew my name from my phone number.. i think theres more to it than caller ID

Ooooh that is really STRANGE you must be in their MATRIX !!!

I don't think they have a system that uses caller ID to go to a database to get your name. When I have called I had to give my name and address many times at least, to the best of my recollection, it was a while ago.

• Reply 5 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

No. It's only you. They've detected an inordinate number of threads started by you on AI and you are now on the Apple Shitlist. Watch out!

I have not start any threads on AI, but I have mentioned it !?!?!?!!?

ARE YOU A MAN IN BLACK !!!
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:

I have not start any threads on AI, but I have mentioned it !?!?!?!!?

ARE YOU A MAN IN BLACK !!!

Sigh. Do I play along? Oh, what the hell.

AppleInsider.

No, but I know more than you think I do. Not neccessearily about the things you'd expect, though.

And with that, we have a derailment ... by me!

Hmmm.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    WTF is a "facist"? Someone who likes faces?

Edit: re-derailing!
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

WTF is a "facist"? Someone who likes faces?

Edit: re-derailing!

The Urban dictionary has the CORRECT answereser to your question...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=facist

1. facist

The wrong way to spell FASCIST, you big dummy.

duhh what was it again?
  • Reply 9 of 21
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Oh man. You're priceless! Don't ever leave here!
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Sigh. Do I play along? Oh, what the hell.

AppleInsider.

No, but I know more than you think I do. Not neccessearily about the things you'd expect, though.

And with that, we have a derailment ... by me!

Hmmm.

Ooooooooh AI, for a minute there I thought you were referring to Apple / Intel.

But actually I was NOT referring to the locking of threads when I started THIS thread, those were all dead anyway.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Oh man. You're priceless! Don't ever leave here!

• Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:

when i called apple support, they didnt know me when i called... atleast i dont recall them too... how would they be spying?
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Now if American's made up their own version of Franch as your and my buddy George has suggested then we would have a language worth butchering !!!

What's that language that African American city dwellers speak ? Ebola ???
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

when i called apple support, they didnt know me when i called... atleast i dont recall them too... how would they be spying?

They are NOT spying on YOU, obviously YOU are not on their list !!!
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

They are NOT spying on YOU, obviously YOU are not on their list !!!

list? think im getting more confused... why would apple spy on its customers?
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

list? think im getting more confused... why would apple spy on its customers?

Don't you thing a lot of important people do important work on their computers ???

If you could get that information you could RULE THE WORLD !!!

And who might want that MORE than super EGOs like Billy G. and Stevey J. !??!?!

They are both in the perfect position to spy on their customers well accept Windows has been under so much scrutiny by everyone and programmers. If they tried to collect too much information they would get caught.

Although they have long said publicly that they DO collect user information, but don't worry its only about how their apps are used.

The marketing director at one company I worked for before the internet was public said that MS would pay if we collect THEIR information and shipped it to them !!!

Don't you remember ogrady.com being taken to court by Apple ???

He later said that his whole family was being attacked by Apple, business problems and other things.

You know its a LIBERAL CONSPIRACY !!!

Steve Jobs is very liberal and so the many liberals in the computer world want him to take over so instead of admitting it could be a problem they let him get away with it !!!!!!

• Reply 17 of 21
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Please don't drink the fluid in the G5 2.7 powermac!

• Reply 18 of 21
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I was taking out the trash the other day and I opened up the recycling bin and guess who was in there? mother-fscking steve wozniak, I said "hey! but you don't work for apple anymore" and then he shot me with a tranq dart. The rest is kind of a blur, but I distinctly remember hearing something about the iTablet and a dual core powerbook g5.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I was taking out the trash the other day and I opened up the recycling bin and guess who was in there? mother-fscking steve wozniak, I said "hey! but you don't work for apple anymore" and then he shot me with a tranq dart. The rest is kind of a blur, but I distinctly remember hearing something about the iTablet and a dual core powerbook g5.

SEE, this is exactly what I am talking about, well this and what happened to Ogrady !!!

You must be working on some very important government military project now, either that or the WOZ just hates you for some reason, when they get senile they get WEIRD !!!

Its actually also very likely that their employees are doing the spying and it NOT the top brass. Of course their top programmers and other friends in the company are in perfect positions to slip in spy code here and there !!!

ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF MY THREAD JUST TO COVER UP YOUR EVIL LIBERAL CONSPIRACY !!!

Notice I was not getting much traffic at all but then I mention LIBERAL CONSPIRACY and all these joking, RIDICULING posts show up.

You know I would like to go to Bill Clinton talks and protest the BC, but I know ALL of liberals there would ATTACK ME !!!

You see ALL conservatives UNDERSTAND that MOST liberals are violent. AND most liberals UNDERSTAND that most conservatives are NOT VIOLENT, that is WHY they go to protest Georgy B. and that is WHY they get carried away by the police -- AS THEY SHOULD !!!
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

SEE, this is exactly what I am talking about, well this and what happened to Ogrady !!!

You must be working on some very important government military project now, either that or the WOZ just hates you for some reason, when they get senile they get WEIRD !!!

Its actually also very likely that their employees are doing the spying and it NOT the top brass. Of course their top programmers and other friends in the company are in perfect positions to slip in spy code here and there !!!

ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF MY THREAD JUST TO COVER UP YOUR EVIL LIBERAL CONSPIRACY !!!

Notice I was not getting much traffic at all but then I mention LIBERAL CONSPIRACY and all these joking, RIDICULING posts show up.

You know I would like to go to Bill Clinton talks and protest the BC, but I know ALL of liberals there would ATTACK ME !!!

You see ALL conservatives UNDERSTAND that MOST liberals are violent. AND most liberals UNDERSTAND that most conservatives are NOT VIOLENT, that is WHY they go to protest Georgy B. and that is WHY they get carried away by the police -- AS THEY SHOULD !!!

... and with that, another useless thread comes to an end.

Apple may not be spying on you, but I am.