Reuters: Cingular considering iTunes phone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

The SE interface for calendars is clunky and hard to use, as far as I'm concerned. That's why I don't use the calendar on my SE T610...

...And that's why I'm looking at the Treo 650: because it uses the same Palm interface that works very well for me. Hurry up, T-Mobile!!!

the clunkiness and awkward looks of the treo don't bother you?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

the clunkiness and awkward looks of the treo don't bother you?

Actually, no. I don't mind having a device that's not the smallest, sexiest on the market. It just has to be functional and get the job done. To me, the Treo is small enough, attractive enough, and functional enough for what I want/need.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Topic of this thread, translated: if people on Cingular's market area bought their cellular service and cellular phone separate, they would already have these phones.

Maybe I overstate, but basically that is true.

It is clearly false that a dedicated device is always better.

If you use a portable music player, that and cellphone definitely belong together. With a good design, you'll have music auto-pause and continue when you call or answer. You can record any amount of conversation you want. You can sync both at the same time, charge both at the same time, have just one kind of spare battery, have just one small item in your jacket pocket. And it can cost less than two devices because many components are shared.

I used to be against cameras in phones because they don't have so much to do with the core functionality of phones, but they are getting reasonably good and soon cheap as well. The charging, syncing, carry and price advantages you have in the phone/musicplayer combo are still present with camera.

A cellphone camera you have in your jacket pocket is infinitely better than a camera you are not even carrying because it's too bulky... or even for a particular shot which you would have missed because it takes so much more time to dig out a "real" camera and wait it to start up.