Existing Motorola handsets talking to iTunes 4.9 (image)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    rdas7rdas7 Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Originally posted by death87

Here a little clip of the iPod Phone connection, synchronization, and ejection.

the clip was made by World So Cold

Awesome! But WHICH phone is this? Like I said, I tried with my moto e398 and didn't have any luck? Anyone got a little more info?

Thanks death87 that clip is really cool!
  • Reply 22 of 38
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Here a little clip of the iPod Phone connection, synchronization, and ejection.

the clip was made by World So Cold

sacré bleu! Gawds we can argue until we are bleu in the face,

regardless of authenticity, that is how i would like my iTunesPhone to work. Through BLUETOOTH.

given that iPod Mini, and iPod are pushing 4-60gb, beyond what's reasonably available in flash memory mobile phones, and how BLOODY LONG it took for the moto iPhone to actually start showing up (and it still bloody hasn't)

this is the best we can hope for for now -- a nice mobile phone,

not too outrageously top-of-the-line model expensive,

bluetooth 2.0+EDR ?? or at least decently fast bluetooth, 1mbps too much to ask??

seamless syncing with iTunes,

512mb or 1gb flash memory with the phone

sweet. hopefully

1. it's not just limited to Moto

2. sony ericsson will WAKE THE FUCK UP and make their walkman phones compatible with iTunes (i know, drm, etc, etc, licensing, etc, etc,

• Reply 23 of 38
    death87death87 Posts: 7member
    So and Here you can find a clip which is longer than the first and which show more stuff.

Enjoy

PS: So you can see that screensshot was fake, because the clip show us the reality.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    pdevillepdeville Posts: 6member
    Quote:

So and Here you can find a clip which is longer than the first and which show more stuff.

Enjoy

All the clips are nice... But honestly, yeah it behaves just as I and I'm sure most people imagined. Besides, most of us here believe the screenshot and claims are true anyway. However, even with the video's, Skirwan's orignal post remains valid: this story has very little detail.

What has not been answered and should be simple to answer is what model phone is being used?

Also, once disconnected can anything be done with the music, which is now on the phone? Does the phone recognize the new music added?
  • Reply 25 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by pdeville

What has not been answered and should be simple to answer is what model phone is being used?

Right on. I mean, who's posting these video clips?! And why can't they just mention the phone model?

Quote:

Also, once disconnected can anything be done with the music, which is now on the phone? Does the phone recognize the new music added?

Presumably there's some kind of iTunes Mobile application on the phone, which will provide an interface for playback... There was one shown on Engadget a while back, which looks a lot like the iPod (color) interface...

I guess we'll just have to wait a couple more days!
  • Reply 26 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by rdas7

Right on. I mean, who's posting these video clips?! And why can't they just mention the phone model?

I'm posting these video clpis for World So Cold (the french guy who realize these video clips). If the phone model is mention....big problem for World So Cold

Quote:

Presumably there's some kind of iTunes Mobile application on the phone, which will provide an interface for playback... There was one shown on Engadget a while back, which looks a lot like the iPod (color) interface...

I guess we'll just have to wait a couple more days!

Yeah, the pone recognize the music added, and can play it.

I can't tell you more details on the phone model...I'm sorry
  • Reply 27 of 38
    pdevillepdeville Posts: 6member
    Quote:

I'm posting these video clpis for World So Cold (the french guy who realize these video clips). If the phone model is mention....big problem for World So Cold

Yeah, the pone recognize the music added, and can play it.

I can't tell you more details on the phone model...I'm sorry

Okay, that's just absurd. If the phone works then the phone works... There's nothing Apple or anyone could do to this guy for saying what model phone he's using. They messed up and made it work before it should have.

Come to think of it, with the fact that no one else has come forward with a working phone and then this "I can't give the model of the phone" bit, I'm now starting to think fake.

• Reply 28 of 38
  • Reply 29 of 38
    Quote:

eh?
  • Reply 30 of 38
    I take it everyone's seen this?

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000887049175/
  • Reply 31 of 38
    The screens and the clip are FAKES.

In fact, the clip is real, it's just iTunes which was traficate with Resorcerer.

I'm so sorry
  • Reply 32 of 38
    zpisnonzpisnon Posts: 8member
    Quote:

The screens and the clip are FAKES.

In fact, the clip is real, it's just iTunes which was traficate with Resorcerer.

I'm so sorry

Check this out, I forgot where I found it

Open iTunes Preferences, (keep open) then open display preferences, and change to 256 colors.

Now look at the podcast icon

Cooooool eh
  • Reply 33 of 38
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    So early on I thought why have such a feature... but when I synced the home folder with it, it took up my videos too... so you could play videos on your phone? Or maybe iPod?

It told me my movies couldn't be copied because they couldn't "be played on this iPod"

• Reply 34 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by iShawn

So early on I thought why have such a feature... but when I synced the home folder with it, it took up my videos too... so you could play videos on your phone? Or maybe iPod?

It told me my movies couldn't be copied because they couldn't "be played on this iPod"

There are reports that Apple will come out with an iPod that can sync movie clips in time for Christmas, and that support the report.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,039member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

Sorry guys, it's just compressed. We serve several GB of data each day and it becomes costly. You can see the dialog template corresponding to the screenshot by opening the iTunes 4.9 English "Localized.rsrc" file in an editor and viewing DITL resource #265 "iPod Phone Prefs."

Cheers,

Kasper

Any chance we could get specific model number from the source? I am frustrated that detail was not included in teh article. HOw can we buy one of these iTunes enabled phones if we don't know the exact model number? \
  • Reply 36 of 38
    You guys see that Jobs now says Apple is doing iTunes phones with manufacturers in this interview?
  • Reply 37 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by rdas7

I take it everyone's seen this?

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000887049175/

I hadn't. Thank you.

So we are looking at Motorola E790 so far. I don't like that phone design. I want to stick with a flip phone with camera. Any other specific model numbers from Moto or any other manufacturers?
  • Reply 38 of 38
    as much as we say Jobs and Apple are big greedy corporate bastards anyway, at least Jobs has come to accept that part and is having a bit of fun:

"Jobs: The problem with the phone is that, as you know, Apple's greatest successes have not been in the Fortune 500. And part of that is because we're not very good at going through orifices to get to the end users"

thats a fucking awesome line.