What software will be bundled with Apple's new iMac

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Like I said, this app started back on the old Mac OS and has been rewritten for X. It's been out for some time now on X; lots of people have it. It's not a free app, but it's nowhere near as expensive as Office. I believe Apple has a great number of licenses so the app will be pre-registered on the Macs or include a registration key.

I'll say one last thing before I leave tonight. There has been some controversy and minor public outcry about a certain "feature" of this app.

zzzzzziiip! My lips are sealed!

If this thread loses interest and drops off the forums listing, I'll be sure to bring it back up on the 7th to explain how my messages related to the app.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Well, if anyone still cares, the app I was alluding to was none other thaaaaaan...

[insert drumroll]

Snapz Pro X!

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure ya'll were expecting Office v.X or Photoshop or Final Cut Pro...

Andrew made his announcement <a href="http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=001830"; target="_blank">here on the MacNN boards</a>.

BTW, the "controversy and minor public outcry about a certain 'feature' of this app" I was referring to was the new registration method. There's a four-page thread in MacNN's X Software forum debating it. It's really no big deal, people. Sheesh...
  • Reply 23 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>Well, if anyone still cares, the app I was alluding to was none other thaaaaaan...

[insert drumroll]

Snapz Pro X!

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure ya'll were expecting Office v.X or Photoshop or Final Cut Pro...

Andrew made his announcement <a href="http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=001830"; target="_blank">here on the MacNN boards</a>.

BTW, the "controversy and minor public outcry about a certain 'feature' of this app" I was referring to was the new registration method. There's a four-page thread in MacNN's X Software forum debating it. It's really no big deal, people. Sheesh...</strong><hr></blockquote>

that was my original guess and then you made it seem like a bigger app.

its included on the iMac?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>its included on the iMac?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, but nope. As I said before, it's only on the "pro" machines, aka. the PowerMac G4 towers. I just posted in this thread since I didn't want to make a whole separate thread for it.

Hmmph, some "pro" machines...

(couldn't resist!)
  • Reply 25 of 25
    With the new iMac you get iTunes 2, iMovie 2, iPhoto, iTools, iDVD 2 (on SuperDrive-equipped systems only), QuickTime, AppleWorks 6, Mail, Microsoft Internet Explorer, AOL, Quicken 2002 Deluxe, World Book Mac OS X Edition, Otto Matic (3D Game), Mac OS X Chess, PCalc, Acrobat Reader and FAXstf 10.0 Preview.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: High On Mac ]</p>