Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware

Comments

• Reply 81 of 187
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Ireland a troll? He's a complete nutcase and in need of sedatives, but he's hardly a troll.

Not you again!
  • Reply 82 of 187
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I'll keep that in mind next time I defend you again
  • Reply 83 of 187
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phat Bastard

This theory for predicting when Apple releases new products sounds intriguing. But what I want to know is how often does Apple release lots of software updates like you describe but there is NOT a following hardware upgrade?

Good point and it is certainly a factor. It is getting increasingly more difficult to discern from a regular stream/averaging of updates and a collective strategic grouping. The reason is that as time passes, Apple continues to release and maintain more and more products. So, the bad news here is that after using this phenomena for a good 3 years, it has become less and less discernible. It could eventually become less and less reliable as time goes on.

If you look back at the last year of updates I just posted, you will notice that one of the small groupings only has 4 or 5 updates over the course of a 1 week period. That was a tough call because the weeks leading up to it, as I recall, had like 2 updates for each of the weeks. So the grouping was less discernible.

But, at this point there does still seem to be an observable grouping preceding hardware releases.

Of course, it could also be just a coincidence.
  • Reply 84 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

Good point and it is certainly a factor. It is getting increasingly more difficult to discern from a regular stream/averaging of updates and a collective strategic grouping. The reason is that as time passes, Apple continues to release and maintain more and more products. So, the bad news here is that after using this phenomena for a good 3 years, it has become less and less discernible. It could eventually become less and less reliable as time goes on.

If you look back at the last year of updates I just posted, you will notice that one of the small groupings only has 4 or 5 updates over the course of a 1 week period. That was a tough call because the weeks leading up to it, as I recall, had like 2 updates for each of the weeks. So the grouping was less discernible.

But, at this point there does still seem to be an observable grouping preceding hardware releases.

Of course, it could also be just a coincidence.

I agree, and I think a hardware release will be soon!
  • Reply 85 of 187
    cvaraocvarao Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

At least in powerbooks and ibooks (macbook pro and macbook)... And theres something else: for how long have we been earing rumors of an apple cell phone? More... is Apple really bying Palm?

Regardzzz

CV8)
  • Reply 86 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by cvarao

At least in powerbooks and ibooks (macbook pro and macbook)... And theres something else: for how long have we been earing rumors of an apple cell phone? More... is Apple really bying Palm?

Regardzzz

CV8)

Who said Apple was buying palm? I would love an iPhone! You just know the thing will be sweet.
  • Reply 87 of 187
    opnsourceopnsource Posts: 216member
    Quote:

Who said Apple was buying palm? I would love an iPhone! You just know the thing will be sweet.

Apple is not buying Palm. At least not right now. They have looked into the purchase in the past, but it has never worked out.

As far as an Apple phone or an iPhone, there have been rumors ever since the second or third generation of iPods.
  • Reply 88 of 187
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Apple will release when they are ready. We have to understand that they MAY not be willing to release anything until the 18th, that is after Easter and presumably the day after the final judgement (which I guess is looking like it may not be until the 17th) of the Apple vs. Apple court case. They will be able to put this issue behind them and then move forward with out any worries or fallout of public opinion and actions.

In regards to this case, it doesn't SEEM that Apple Computer has anything to worry about this time around. Their case seems pretty solid whereas Apple Corps case seems pretty self serving.
  • Reply 89 of 187
    Quote:

Originally posted by opnsource

Apple is not buying Palm. At least not right now. They have looked into the purchase in the past, but it has never worked out.

As far as an Apple phone or an iPhone, there have been rumors ever since the second or third generation of iPods.

Actually the iPhone rumors started in '99, when apple registered the domain iPhone.org (16/Dec/99), they renewed it on the 14/Nov/2005. It's worth noting that apple only renewed the domain for one year, and it expires in Dec. '06. This is interesting, maybe this might help ease the rumors, maybe not!
  • Reply 90 of 187
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phat Bastard

But what I want to know is how often does Apple release lots of software updates like you describe but there is NOT a following hardware upgrade?

When they release beta software to run XP on a Mac.
  • Reply 91 of 187
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I think that there will be no hardware updates until after April 18th. The 19th is the day that Apple's quarter ends. They may want to have some buzz generated around that.

April 15th in the US is the day that Income Tax Returns must be filed. After that date some will receive their Income Tax Refund Check from the US Treasury.

That money is often used for a major purchase.

The 15th is a Saturday a day not usually reserved for introduction of new products. The 19th is a Wednesday. So, the Tuesday before the quarter ends and the first Tuesday after tax returns are in is 4/18

But, I am probably wrong as Apple constantly surprises me.

• Reply 92 of 187
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Current iBook update history:

Last update: 7/26/05

Apple has usually upgraded its iBook around the 3rd week in April to May for the last few years; last year being an exception probably due to the constraints of PowerPC G4 processors:

Monday, April 19, 2004

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/...19084557.shtml

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...22103438.shtml

Monday, May 20, 2002

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/...20065111.shtml
  • Reply 93 of 187
    It's worth noting that this thread is nearly a year old !!!
  • Reply 94 of 187
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Add Apple Remote Desktop 3 to the list. So April 18th?
  • Reply 95 of 187
    Apple, release the bloody Macbook already! The suspense is killing me and my money is burning a hole in my pocket!
  • Reply 96 of 187
    Yet another software update today, Aperture 1.1.
  • Reply 97 of 187
    and now they've publicly released the latest java updates!

Apple, I want a bloody new laptop!
  • Reply 98 of 187
    48hours48hours Posts: 11member
    Why I can not see the page
  • Reply 99 of 187
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware;

1.) Dissapearing posts in a thread about soon to be released hardware.
  • Reply 100 of 187
    ceddcedd Posts: 13member
    The amazing disappearing thread - Conspiracy, cock up or threat of legal action - You decide!