Mac mini ship times (Formerly !!!!!)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

It'll probably have a lousy GeForce 5200 in it though.

Lousy or not the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (NV34) does handle all the core graphics so you could now install Motion on it if you wanted.
  • Reply 23 of 46
    the ship times dropped to 4-6 days. but why? 4 business days is wednesday, updates are supposed to be one tuesday. I don't remember apple dropping ship times like that. i remember the ship times staying 5-7 days up until the new updates
  • Reply 24 of 46
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by i-am-an-elf

the ship times dropped to 4-6 days. but why? 4 business days is wednesday, updates are supposed to be one tuesday. I don't remember apple dropping ship times like that. i remember the ship times staying 5-7 days up until the new updates

Not as often as Tuesday, but they have certainly done updates on Wednsedays before.
  • Reply 25 of 46
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Assuming we get new Mac minis on Tuesday/Wednesday (fingers crossed), are the following specs reasonable?

$499

1.42GHz

512MB RAM

Combo Drive

40Gb Hard Drive

64MB Core Image Compatible Graphics Card

$599

1.5GHz

512MB RAM

Combo Drive

80GB Hard Drive

Airport and Bluetooth

$699

1.5GHz

512MB RAM

Super-Drive

100GB/120GB Hard Drive

Airport and Bluetooth

Not sure about the processor speeds, I might be wrong on those, but if I am right for the rest of the specs, I will have the cash to plump down on a $599 model in a few days. I'm hoping for 512Mb, bluetooth and Airport, in the same way that Apple added these all to the iMac - these are the three parts I would be upgrading myself, so it would be great if I didn't have to do a custom build, and could save myself a whole load of cash. Thoughts?
  • Reply 26 of 46
    blobblob Posts: 6member
    Definatly an update soon on minis and ibook.

UK Store shipping times

Mac Mini - 7 to 10 days

iBook - 7 days

All other hardware is 24hours.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

OMG OMG!!! RUN AROUND IN CIRCALS!! NEW HOTNESS!!1! MAYBE IN A WEEK, OR MAYBE NOTTTT!!!!1

Oh, wait... Nevermind.

Yeah, they're the two slowest Macs in the lineup. How are these people excited?
  • Reply 28 of 46
    pbpb Posts: 4,233member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Do you have that set up now? I am really interested in knowing how the mini handles that large a display.

I remember having read somewhere that the weak Radeon 9200 makes the experience rather painful when many windows are open.
  • Reply 29 of 46
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Because there cheap, portable and kick any wintell thing in the pants.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

They might not be top of the range G5 models, but some people need lower down models, and an update would be most welcome.
  • Reply 31 of 46
    shadowxshadowx Posts: 27member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Assuming we get new Mac minis on Tuesday/Wednesday (fingers crossed), are the following specs reasonable?

$499

1.42GHz

512MB RAM

Combo Drive

40Gb Hard Drive

$599

1.5GHz

512MB RAM

Combo Drive

80GB Hard Drive

Airport and Bluetooth

$699

1.5GHz

512MB RAM

Super-Drive

100GB/120GB Hard Drive

Airport and Bluetooth

Not sure about the processor speeds, I might be wrong on those, but if I am right for the rest of the specs, I will have the cash to plump down on a $599 model in a few days. I'm hoping for 512Mb, bluetooth and Airport, in the same way that Apple added these all to the iMac - these are the three parts I would be upgrading myself, so it would be great if I didn't have to do a custom build, and could save myself a whole load of cash. Thoughts?

wow! if those specs were accurate they would sell like hotcakes... of course, I highly doubt it. The interesting thing to note, however, is that you can easily get a windows based machine sans airport and bluetooth for these prices or less. But remember... this is Apple, not HP/eMachines/etc.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    kreshkresh Posts: 379member
    It really would be nice if there is a graphics upgrade!
  • Reply 33 of 46
    howyoudoinhowyoudoin Posts: 118member
    I ordered a mac mini on Friday, July 22nd. I checked today the order status and noticed this...

"MAC MINI 1.25 CTO

Processing Order

Est. Ship 08/03/2005"

Quite a long gap to me. Also the only thing I changed was the ram so I doubt that would make a big difference.
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

I ordered a mac mini on Friday, July 22nd. I checked today the order status and noticed this...

"MAC MINI 1.25 CTO

Processing Order

Est. Ship 08/03/2005"

Quite a long gap to me. Also the only thing I changed was the ram so I doubt that would make a big difference.

too bad for you, just ordering before an update, you get a mini slower and worse than the updated mini for the same amount of money. too bad, and you changed the ram=custom made, no returns from apple
  • Reply 35 of 46
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by howyoudoin

"MAC MINI 1.25 CTO

Processing Order

Est. Ship 08/03/2005"

If it doesn't ship until after the updates, Apple will give you the new model. Don't worry, unless it ships before the update.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Damn. I was going to see the final stage of the Tour and now all I can do is press refresh on the Apple store to see if there should be a fine upgraded Mini for me WHEN THEY HAVE FINISHED UPDATING THE STORE

Apple store
  • Reply 37 of 46
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    ^

- Lance won
  • Reply 38 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

^

- Lance won

No he didn´t. He might do later today. Not sure. I mean we all know the "bottle in your opponents wheel" trick and suddenly Basso takes gold
  • Reply 39 of 46
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

No he didn´t. He might do later today. Not sure. I mean we all know the "bottle in your opponents wheel" trick and suddenly Basso takes gold

BBC

Quote:

Lance Armstrong put the seal on what will be his seventh-straight Tour de France title by winning his first 2005 stage - the individual time trial.

• Reply 40 of 46
    It aint over yet They will ride him off into the Seine.

Goddam. Be finished with the update! Aren´t they interested in those 2000 dollars I am going to pour onto them?